Tried a Duncan '78 today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tried a Duncan '78 today...

After hearing this, I may pickup a '78. While I would be putting it in a strat with 500K pots, it's a bit darker than most MIA strats I have played. Not sure why But I think it would go great with my Jet City JCA100H. This amp is a bit dark and has a good amount of compression to it. I currently have a Pearly Gates in the bridge of my strat, but I've found it's a bit over powering in the low mids and not quite clear enough on the low strings. Also, a bit more juice in the output would be right up my ally.
    CURRENT RIG:

2004 Fender American Standard Stratocaster (SD PGb bridge, DMZ VVB neck)
    2012 Fender '72 Telecaster Deluxe Reissue (Mojotone '72 Clone WRHB set)
    2017 Balaguer Scumden (SD PG set)
    2011 Fender Blacktop Telecaster (GFS Surf 90s)

Jet City JCA50H
    Avatar Signature 2x12 loaded with Greenbacks
    lots 'o pedals

Comment

Originally posted by FuelGTRX View Post
      After hearing this, I may pickup a '78. While I would be putting it in a strat with 500K pots, it's a bit darker than most MIA strats I have played. Not sure why But I think it would go great with my Jet City JCA100H. This amp is a bit dark and has a good amount of compression to it. I currently have a Pearly Gates in the bridge of my strat, but I've found it's a bit over powering in the low mids and not quite clear enough on the low strings. Also, a bit more juice in the output would be right up my ally.
      That's what I think based on my experience with the 78'. Maybe the harsh overtones I heard will turn out to be nice crunchy highs in your rig.

Comment

I'm using a 78 neck pickup and it sounds great. It's never leaving my guitar.
        my soundclick page

Comment

Originally posted by IanBallard View Post
          I'd like to get one and put an A2 in it. All the things people complain about it, could be fixed with the correct mag.
          Doesn't the '78 come with an degaussed A2 in it?

Comment

Originally posted by GoDrex View Post
            I'm using a 78 neck pickup and it sounds great. It's never leaving my guitar.
            Dammit man...

Comment

Originally posted by rosssurf View Post
              Doesn't the '78 come with an degaussed A2 in it?
              Nope, full power.
              “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I am using the '78 in the bridge with a UOA5 magnet and a '59b in the neck to balance it out

Comment

Question how would the Duncan 78 sound in a Gibson Les Paul with a Floyd rose in your opinions

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
                    Question how would the Duncan 78 sound in a Gibson Les Paul with a Floyd rose in your opinions
                    What kinda music? What kinda amp? I can't believe it would sound bad...but it might not be right for really heavy stuff.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It would sound just like a '78. The Floyd would thin out the LP and the '78 would be thin and bright like it is. I put a '78 in my SG with a regular TOM and it was still like a superstrat sound.

Comment

I see

Comment

Superb zombie! I'd forgotten this thread. Thank you so much for bringing it back to life!
                          What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Working...
                          X