X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fav neck humbucker

'59 all the way 'round!
    ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

PG, but if they made a slightly underwound PG, I would jump on it!
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

My 59n sound punches me in the back and shakes my innerds when I play live.. and it's fat, glassy and sweet, with an edge that responds nicely to pick attack.

I like the strat neck pickup tone the most. I like the glass, and recently ordered a phat cat stack.. hoping this will be the answer to my Les Paul neck tone.
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

JB!!!!

Split, it´s the next best thing to having an SSL-1 in there. Combined with a Full-Bore custom bridge one of my favorite all around tones right now

Full on, it´s not as dark as many think, but rather smooth, ideal for jazz and darker, heavier Blues IMO. With the wrong amp /settings it can get muddy, but I´ve never had that problem. Interesting cleans, almost too much harmonice and midrange for most to call them clean, but they are. I personally like them.

Distorted, its either singing "Ultra-Woman" tone, with a bit of a sparkle and good harmonics. Or, depending on your fingers, its a real cutting stoner Rock tone, or with a bit less gain REEEAL fluid and smooth. But it can get a good bit of Grind going as well

Paired with a custom at the bridge, THE perfect combo for heavier styles, not necessarill rock limited. This is in an alder bodied strat-style with a maple neck and a rosewood or ebony fretboard and a non floating vintage trem. Jackson Custom shop Dinky Reverse, to be precise.

Been using that combo in her, my Main axe (the only one ever specifically referred to as "My Jackson", btw) since ´96 and it´s always evolved with me, thru amp and style changes. Never, EVER let me down. Switching is http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...y-w-split.html . Has stood the test of time for me, the setup is still spot on perfect, and she´s never even been tweaked or readjusted,or needed it. *EDIT*...(Oh, my bad, the switch was originally wired 100% "in reverse", so pickups switched around on that schematic..Sorry)... Perfect, just plain perfect
          Last edited by Zerberus; 04-28-2004, 01:45 PM.
          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I currently have a tweaked '59n that I love. It's crunchy, chunky, cleans up fabulous and is just hot enough(for now) due to the 2 extra magnets I added. A nice blend between Alnico 5 warmth and Ceramic power, tightness and crunch. It sounds big with a dark edge to it.

Comment

Jazz, clarity, nuff said.

~Edit~ I'll elaborate a little, it's very nice and bright, but not too much so, it still have the PAF style vibe, sounds good clean or dirty.
              Last edited by rinse_master; 01-20-2005, 03:01 AM.
              "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                mine is the '59 taken, i havent tried any other duncan neck pup, and i doubt i will cos it's perfect
                + 1 my friend
                Rock on!

Bluesrock form the Netherlands!

Comment

holy thread reviwing batman :O

Comment

59n for all the reasons listed so far. Great pickup, very versatile too. Splits really well also.
                    My Bands -
                    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                    GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Working...
                    X