No announcement yet.

have to ask? JB and custom fans/users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: have to ask? JB and custom fans/users?

Originally posted by SABOTAGE
    I went out and bought the custom after asking here for a JB with more low end girth.
    and yes the custom is a very great sounding pup but i found that it did not have the richness and complexity of the JB?
    man if i could do a 50/50 of the JB and custom i would find my heaven.
    i am now to the point of figuring the seymour was right all along that the JB/Jazz is the consumate two bucker set up
    A JB/Custom hybrid maybe? It could be interesting, with a risk of course.
    The JB is killer, though!
    Me(n)tal Distortion

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
      Is it just me or do a lot of people search for a JB with more low end chunk? I am definately one of those people, I love the JB pickup but compare it to any other pickup, it does lack a little in the low end section. I always find myself boosting the bass and cutting (not scooping) the mids on any amp to get the tone I like best.

Maybe Seymour Duncan should create a new pickup that would be the perfect middle ground between the JB and the Custom: A pickup with the musicality and singing characteristics of the JB & the fat low end and agressiveness of the Custom?

I'm positive it will become an instant succes...

That's exactly what i was thinking of the JB. I like it very much but still it is my number 2 pickup: the reason is a certain lack of low mids/bass(and i play it trough a boogie which is bass heavy...).......if they could do that then i would immediately buy it......

Comment

My two favorite bridge pups right now as well. Combined could set a new standard that the JB has already achieved!

Comment

I know of a pickup that can could possibly answere your prays for a jb with more lowend to it, but it aint a seymour duncan. The Dimarzio breed could be wat ur after, Some people say it remind them of a jb but of course its quite huge in the low end and mids if u check out www.dimarzio.com . I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightburst
            Is it just me or do a lot of people search for a JB with more low end chunk? I am definately one of those people, I love the JB pickup but compare it to any other pickup, it does lack a little in the low end section. I always find myself boosting the bass and cutting (not scooping) the mids on any amp to get the tone I like best.

Maybe Seymour Duncan should create a new pickup that would be the perfect middle ground between the JB and the Custom: A pickup with the musicality and singing characteristics of the JB & the fat low end and agressiveness of the Custom?

I'm positive it will become an instant succes...
            Everyone who is drooling at this idea needs to get a JB, remove the A5 mag, obtain the magnets from an Invader, and put them in the JB. It's freakin awesome. Still keeps the basic JB tone, but kinda lights a fire under its ass
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

But is it possible to have the best of both worlds? I always thought in order to get the good characteristics of either pickup, something else must be sacrificed (ie. type of magnet, etc.).

Bee
              Originally posted by Kanye West
              Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

My Custom is here! And it sounds awesome! Almost exactly what I was looking for in a pickup, I'm pretty stoked!

I'd say that the Custom is great for heavy riffs and the JB 'the' pickup for lead and has great cleans. A Combination of both those qualities would make the ultimate pickup reality...

Now I wonder what a C5 sounds like, lol.
                Next pickup on the list: Dimarzio Super Distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
                  But is it possible to have the best of both worlds? I always thought in order to get the good characteristics of either pickup, something else must be sacrificed (ie. type of magnet, etc.).

Bee

I kind of thought this too because it seems that people are asking for more low end and lower mids...seem like that would actually flatten out the EQ.

Comment

[QUOTE=Nightburst]Next pickup on the list: Dimarzio Super Distortion./QUOTE]

I just got one a week ago, and I love it! Really cool snarly tone.
                    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

JB FROM HELL... you MUST record a clip with your hellish JB with blasphemous CERAMIC magnet
                      PLEASE. DO IT NOW.
                      hahahahaha
                      Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
                      Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
                      Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
                      Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
                      Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
                      Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
                      Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
                      Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Working...
                      X