banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can\Will Seymour Duncan do this for me.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can\Will Seymour Duncan do this for me.......

And If so , how much? I need a YELLOW Trem spaced Full Shred With GOLD pole Pieces.

Re: Can\Will Seymour Duncan do this for me.......

Im sure they will do it...I don't know how much it would cost, but MJ could tell you in 30 seconds!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

A yellow trem spaced Full Shred is easy to get and I have a SD pickup with gold posts and studs so that too is easy.

The cost is the tricky part. If they will do gold posts and studs as a floor shop custom (iffy but maybe) then the upcharge might only be $20-30 depending on the cost of the parts.

If it ends up being a custom shop pickup you are looking at $150 give or take. Since gold posts and studs shouldn't really add labor I'm guessing the lower price might fly.

You could PM Lew, he might know or you'll have to call the factory.
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I believe Robert is right. Duh! No really, I think the ole sayin' goes "if you want it, you got it", or something like that. If i'm not mistaken, the good people at SD would wrap barbwire around a hog leg if it made you happy.
        Just gotta ask. Did that make any sense? Good.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

I think Black Rose only charges $10 IIRC for the gold pole pieces. Yellow doesn't cost more since Duncan advertises that as an optional color at no charge.

Comment

That's my personal favorite. Dual adjustable screws. All pickups should come like this.

Comment

Well I don't know if it is still like this or not, but about a year and half ago, I ordered a RED Screamin Demon Trembucker. Well after 3 months of waiting and a call to Seymour Duncan, I was informed that the Trembuckers don't come in all the colors the standard pickups do. Just black , white and zebra.

I forget who I talked to at SD but they said there just wasn't enough intrest in colored pickups to do the Trembuckers in or some dumb reason.

Comment

i think youre right, trem spaced dont come in colors other than cream and black combos, maybe white too. gold poles on a full shred might be a little trickey since it uses the allen head poles not sure if they have gold ones or not

Comment

Correct, trem spaced pickups are not available with colored bobbins.

All of the above listed options are available in regular spacing as shop floor customs. I have done several gold hardware pickups and double screw pickups for customers in the past.

Comment

I don't know the logic behind not having different colors on trem-spaced pickups.....since most trem-spaced guitars are those with floyds, those guitars tend to be wilder looking and would lend themselves better to wilder colors.

Dimarzio does all that stuff for free and they have different colors on all of their pickups both F-spaced and regular spaced. Different color pole-pieces are usually available at no extra charge according their customer service rep.

Comment

Jason,

You hit it on the nose, I have had Red,Purple, Yellow, and Green pickups with Chorme ,black and Gold Poles, all at no extra chage and all DIMARZIOS.

YOu haven't seen it in a while, but my bengal has Yellow pups with the gold poles in it now and it looks great!

I wanted to put a full shred in it, but if I can't get what I want from SD , I'm gonna stay with the Dimarzios. I have a regualar spaced FS in my Vivian Campbel and it just doesn't look right with the Floyd.

Comment

Yeah, I got a new axe with gold hardware and Dimarzio is gonna hook me up with gold polepieces for free....definitely going for a Humbucker From Hell in the neck the it's either going to be a Super3, Fred, or PAF Pro in the bridge...still experimenting to see what will work best then I'll order everything with the right colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Cazmarzak
                          YOu haven't seen it in a while, but my bengal has Yellow pups with the gold poles in it now and it looks great!
                          Pics!!!

Comment

Ranalli the Super III would rock that guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1

That's my personal favorite. Dual adjustable screws. All pickups should come like this.
                              I agree, did you have to pay extra for that, or just wait a little?
                              "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
                              X