"Motherbuckers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Motherbuckers"

I used to have a Hamer V that had a triple coil bridge pickup. I gave the guitar to my brother last year and told him (as I was told) that the pickup was a Duncan.

I've been told that it is NOT a Duncan made pickup. Can anyone clarify this?

Its a nice sounding pickup (much more high end and upper mid than one may expect) but its origin is a mystery.

Here is a photo
    Gravity...its just a theory

Re: "Motherbuckers"

The guitar is from about 1983.

Comment

Hmm I dunno, but the Motherbucker is a quad rail pup, I forgot who makes it though lol

Could you get clips of it?
      My clips

Originally posted by Rid
      How do I block my hardtail?

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
        Hmm I dunno, but the Motherbucker is a quad rail pup, I forgot who makes it though lol

Could you get clips of it?
        Motherbuckers have been around longer than the Kent Armstrong pickup you mention. THey used to refer to a triple coil humbucker.

Comment

motherbucker has been used several times that I have heard of...I know this, I have in a box somewhere a triple coil bucker made by Mighty Mite...I also used to have a Hamer Phantom, with a 3 coil pup, but it was a normal bucker AND a singlecoilright next to each other in an oversized pup ring...the pups in my Phantom were Duncan's if that helps...
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Doesn't "Motherbucker" sound like a DiMarzio product?
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

you mean the motherbucker from hell...does that come in lime green/hot pink zebra bobbins with dual blades and a HUGH ceramic magnet?
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

MotherBuckers were Mighty Mite pickups. They used to be 3 coils.

The newest MotherBuckers are only 2 coils.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented
                  you mean the motherbucker from hell...does that come in lime green/hot pink zebra bobbins with dual blades and a HUGH ceramic magnet?
                  Hmmm.... this sounds like a job for the SD custom shop!
                  “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I have a unusual Ibanez 540 that has a triple coil in the bridge as the only pickup. Basically it's like the above mentioned Hamer triple coil being that is it a normal humbucker with an added single coil with a large ring surrounding them all.

Comment

Originally posted by nuntius
                      The one you are talking about is probably the Kent Armstrong one, basically 2 Hot Rails in one pickup
                      "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

i want a double hotrail!

Comment

The original triple coil motherbucker was made by Mighty Mite if memory serves correctly. Alvarez also used triple coil pups on some of the Dana Scoop guitars as well, however I don't know who made those, I think Alvarez did themselves. Other than that I have no real info on them, Glenn Tipton from Judas Priest toyed with the idea of using one when they first came out, as I recall it was in a magazine article back in Guitar Player magazine way back when. Anyway, all that aside I'm pretty sure the first ones were made by Mighty Mite.
                          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
                          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
                          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
                          X