Schecter Blackjack + JB/Jazz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter Blackjack + JB/Jazz

I just installed a JB/Jazz combo into my buddy's Blackjack. It took me a little while to warm up to them. They seem almost "squeaky clean". I'm surprised at how close they sound to my AII Pros in my Jetking. The difference is akin to the difference you might get by changing 12" speakers in an amp cab. I liked the AII Pro's more at first, but after playing awhile, I'm getting to like the JB/Jazz.

Has anyone else who's heard both pairs think they're in the same ballpark? Also, does anyone else think that they don't really fit the character of the Blackjack well? (I didn't recommend them. They came installed in the guitar, just wired wrong.)

Artie

Re: Schecter Blackjack + JB/Jazz

I have the JB/Jazz combo in my Schecter C-1 Classic right now and I love it! C-1 Classic it very close to the Blackjack, I think the only difference is the finish and inlays. I have mine wired with 2 push/pull pots for coil tapping and I can get just about any tone I want out of it. I had a C5 it the bridge for a while but the mids were just too scooped. I think the JB/Jazz combo fits these guitars well.
    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. Psalm 100:1

Comment

Dump the JB and install a Custom.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
      @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Heh . . . well it isn't my axe.

Besides, I'm liking this the more I play. Still, a Custom would be an interesting alternative.

Comment

I like the CC-equipped Schecters better. Surprisingly bright in their mahogany set-necks. Not sure how much of that was the amps, though, I don't remember what I heard them through anymore.

Comment

I have a Blackjack with a 59n and SH-12 in the bridge -
            Great combo.

Comment

^ Thats interesting because he just called me up and wants to try some other pups. He's thinking of moving the JB/Jazz to his EPI LP Custom, and then trying something different in the BJ. The Screamin' Demon was one I mentioned. Along with an Invader.

He has the "bug".

Edit: On the other hand, they're might be better choices for the LP. Like Seths or PG's, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
                ^ Thats interesting because he just called me up and wants to try some other pups. He's thinking of moving the JB/Jazz to his EPI LP Custom, and then trying something different in the BJ. The Screamin' Demon was one I mentioned. Along with an Invader.

He has the "bug".

Edit: On the other hand, they're might be better choices for the LP. Like Seths or PG's, etc.
                Or Custom in the bridge and 59 in the neck.

Director of Arizona Young Voters Initiative

https://www.azyoungvoters.org

Twitter:
                @ArizonaVoters

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                  I've had that combo in an Epiphone Les Paul before and it sounded good. I now have it in a Gibson Les Paul and it sounds even better.

Comment

Originally posted by dominus View Post
                    I think we have a 59n/C5b in there now. I'll have to double check that. I shoulda wrote it down.

Comment

I'm reviving this old thread because my baby has come home to roost. My friend has decided to go completely acoustic and has sold me back this sweet old axe. But a couple of things I said in that first post are inaccurate. It's not a JB/Jazz. It's a JB/59. But it was also my first experimental version of my V3rd humbucker wiring. This was the guitar where I tested doing the neck-screw/bridge-stud middle position of the 3-way. Maybe I'm just sentimental about this being my "first". Or maybe I'm drunk. Whatever. I love this thang.

Welcome home, baby.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Schecter_C1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	5771731

Comment

Working...
                      X