Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need That Tone !!!

Hey Everyone,

I use an Ibanez RG1527 and RG470, but a friend has this guitar the Aria Pro II Cardinal series CS-400 model. It has the most unbelievable sound I have every heard.
    Dont know the name of the pick-up as that guitar was made in the early 80's.

Was wondering if anyone here has used that guitar and could recommend a Seymour Duncan that comes the closest to that tone for my six string RG470

The guitar tone is "FAT" and has sustain that can go on for days, plus when you pick a note you can actually hear the pick attack. All this on very little overdrive. The pick-up is obviousy very hot.

Im not looking for a 'Metal' pick-up and dont really need that tremendous mid-range boost, but something as thick and warm like a Gibson or PRS and loads of sustain at low gain settings.

Is there any Pick-up here, you guyz could recommend that fits this description ?

Thanks.

Re: I Need That Tone !!!

I have no idea about the Aria, but if your guitar has a lot of brightness, try a trem CC.
    If the guitar is fairly balanced from low to high, try a tremspaced Custom 5 or JB.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

I concurr
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

hmmm, well, what are the other factors? mostly, what amp is your friend playing though? could mean a lot......also, your friend might have put an after market pickup in there allready. ask your friend, might know what it is....
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
        X