• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how does this sound...

a bucker with 2 stud bobbins...
    a bucker with 2 screw bobbins...

what does this do to the sound???
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: how does this sound...

...anybody
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

To tell you the truth somehow I am not excited about those beasts that much. Maybe I am too conservative.

But as we discussed before, I am really interested in HB's with the slug coil having strat kinda rod magnets.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

In my experiance, I've noticed that pickups with two screw bobbins tend to sound just a tad bit brighter and slightly more powerful. And that pickups with only slugs tend to sound less focused and seem to be a little lacking in string to sting balance. But this is only based on very limited experiance, and experimentation. I converted a duncan distortion into a Double screw bobbin pickup and it seemed to bring out a tad more brightness, and seemed to really improve the string to string balance. But that probably had to do with haveing extra room to adjust pole height.
        I also converted an Old humbucker outta a hamer Sunburst into a double slug coil pickup. And the pickup didn't sound to great to begain with, and this change only made it sound worse. But I mean If something sounds ****ty to start, then its probably never gonna sound that much better.
        But even with all this said. This is one of those totally subjective things. I mean I might hear a difference in the form of added brightness, where as someone else hearing the same exact thing might hear no difference at all. I think that sometimes if we expect to hear a difference, then we will. And if you think nothing will change then it won't. The human mind has a way of makeing whatever it wants to be true, be true. So I dunno. experiment and make your own judgement. Ed
        www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
        I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Working...
        X