duncan 8 strings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan 8 strings?

do you guys know if seymour can build me a 8 string humbucker like the x2n? i dropped them an email yesterday so im hoping to hear from them later this week about it and if they can how much do you think it would cost?

Re: duncan 8 strings?

I can't remember the name but I'm sure that there is a luthier who makes 8 strings and offer SD's on them, so I would imagine it can be done, but I have no idea about price.

***Edit*** www.conklinguitars.com this might be the one, but I'm not sure...
    Last edited by rinse_master; 11-15-2004, 05:56 AM.
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

yes...MJ can do anything you want...but if she has to make a boobin from scratch (and for an 8string dual blade, she will have to) it will cost quite a little chunk of change.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Custom shop should be able to do it, but I wouldn´t expect the final price to be under $200 US, likely higher
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I seem to recall a 7 string Live Wire Metal coming really close to the $300 mark.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

CHECK OUT www.meshuggah.net their luthier build 8 strings humbucker.
            Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
            Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
            Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
            Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
            Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
            Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
            Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
            Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
              CHECK OUT www.meshuggah.net their luthier build 8 strings humbucker.
              Sorry, WFD, but he doesn´t. He has them custom made by www.lundgren.se
              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                Sorry, WFD, but he doesn´t. He has them custom made by www.lundgren.se
                IIRC, they run about $200, and are (according to Meshuggah) "modeled after Seymour Duncans."
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                  IIRC, they run about $200, and are (according to Meshuggah) "modeled after Seymour Duncans."
                  That's what I read, $199 and based on a Custom, only problem is I can't translate the Lundgren web page to find out more about it

Comment

that'd eb badass

an 8 string sh-5 custom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

this is slightly off topic, but doesn't an 8 string seem kind of excessive? I know this is a silly attitude considering how eccentric everybody here gets in their own ways regarding tone, but would you actually use all 8? My 7s don't even hold the appeal they once did.

Comment

Well the thing with Meshuggah and their 8 stringed guitars is that when their bassplayer left, they though that perhaps both the guitarists should play bass instead, but then they figured that it would be even cooler not to have a bassplayer at all and instead have 8stringed guitars =). Something like that.
                        The cake is a lie!

www.myspace.com/eternalexilesthlm

Comment

actually guys, MJ emailed me today, 180 for the humbucker and about 5 weeks lead time, i might go for it!

also i plan on tuning my 8 like paul gilbert does his 7, eadgb then the rest to octaves, should be awesome sounding
                          Last edited by goth_fiend; 11-15-2004, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Leveller
                            Well the thing with Meshuggah and their 8 stringed guitars is that when their bassplayer left, they though that perhaps both the guitarists should play bass instead, but then they figured that it would be even cooler not to have a bassplayer at all and instead have 8stringed guitars =). Something like that.
                            Umm, Meshuggah still have a bassist, just a new one... and I'm sure they got the 8 strings before Gustaf left?

Originally posted by Meshuggah Website
                            As most of you know, we’ve parted with bassist Gustaf Hielm. There’s no hard feelings and we wish him the best of luck for the future! A million thanks Gustaf! You rule!

Last year we tried out a few bassplayers and as you might understand – this style of playing is not something a lot of musicians are familiar with. We got lucky though and found our “new bassman” in **** Lövgren. We haven’t been able to thoroughly rehearse all songs yet (due to recording), but we’re very confident it will work out great! So, dear fans and followers of ****ed up sounds & rhythms, please welcome ****!

Comment

Originally posted by goth_fiend
                              actually guys, MJ emailed me today, 180 for the humbucker and about 5 weeks lead time, i might go for it!

also i plan on tuning my 8 like paul gilbert does his 7, eadgb then the rest to octaves, should be awesome sounding
                              Sounds good, I was gonna make a Warmoth 7 string baritone and tune it F#,B,E,A,D,G,B (Well I am gonna make it, just need the money first!)

$180 is real good price for that 8 string too!

Comment

Working...
                              X