Hot Rails neck ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails neck ID

On the sticker it reads NC. Triangular base and I was hoping this wasn't a neck cool rails instead of a Hot Rails. I bought this on Ebay so I took the sellers word it was a Hot Rails neck.

"NC" doesn't show up on pre or post 2002 Duncan pickups listing. The sooner I know, the sooner I can send it out to With Full Distortion down in Brazil.

Re: Hot Rails neck ID

check the impedance - if it's 16.9k, you've got yourself a bridge hotrail. this is the only surefire way, since stickers can be switched or left off (which happened to me)

if it comes up 10.8k, though, its a neck. to this date i've never seen one on ebay, they seem rarer than rocking horse dung

Comment

Even still there is no record of a NC in the listing for pre 2002 pickups and pickups later than 2002... so it's a mystery to me...

Comment

wierd... could be a CS job?

either way, the DC resistance never lies

Comment

Well I measured it and it appears to be a Hot Rails neck 10.90k after all despite the strange sticker.

Thanks IMP for the heads up on this. I didn't even have to aggravate the seller on this one.

Brazil bound tomorrow AM. JP will be pleased.

Comment

Working...
          X