Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gibson is putting Zebra's on thier new Standard

Originally posted by mrfjones

For that price though, the guitars should not look or feel cheap. I want to play one sometime soon just so i can find out what it is like

Keep us up to date when you do!

Comment

I must be the only guy here who doesn't like the black/creme zebra. Come to think of it, I don't like the double cremes either. I guess that just leaves more for the rest of you
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I think double creams are fugly, but as I got out of my all-black-metal years a while back I find myself liking the zebra and more conservative colors more and more. Maybe someday I'll get into the double creams

Comment

I love double creams, hate zebras.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfjones
            thin coats of nitro would be pretty cool as long as they don't look cheap. I really love the feel of a nice thin coat of nitro, but the faded series that is already out looks cheap especially the black lp with the wear spots on it. These guitars will sound cool in a few years once the wood has had the chance to age a bit. They should all sound better than the usual standards with thick coats.

For that price though, the guitars should not look or feel cheap. I want to play one sometime soon just so i can find out what it is like

ehhh..... the faded les paul is a melody maker with illusions of grandeur.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar
              I wish they'd put some double creams on there. After all, Gibson, not Dimarzio, invented those and Dimarzio copied them and then registered double creams as a trademark.

If Gibson fought Dimarzio on that point and won, I think that'd be a good thing.

Lew
              Oh yes, that would be JUSTICE!

Comment

Working...
              X