banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help, Is changing a magnet difficult and safe for the pup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, Is changing a magnet difficult and safe for the pup?

I want to make my TB-4 JB into a TB-6 distortion i have been reading here and elsewhere that the two pups are the same except for the magnets
    i have a large ceramic magnet which i hear is what the distortion uses?
    will changing the stock JB magnet for the new one be difficult and will it make the pup have feedback problems or any noise problems by disturbing the wax?

Re: Please help, Is changing a magnet difficult and safe for the pup?

I've not done it myself, but I know there is a Tutorial in the Vault, check for a post by Stratdeluxer97 called Tips, I think...
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Changing the mags should be pretty simple. Loosen the 4 brass screws that hold the bobins to the backplate just enough to get the mag out and put the new one in. Avoid the lead wires! Work from the other side. As far as having to re-pot it, I don't think so. As long as the coils are still alright. I would deffinitely get another opinion.
      Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Comment

thanks guys, i have no experience with this mod but really want to try it.
        the JB is real good, but from what i am reading here i would like the distortion even more and since all it would take is this mod on my JB i prefer it to having to buy another pup

Comment

Working...
        X