opinions on jag pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opinions on jag pickups

I've got a 96 MIJ Jag with stock pickups... they sound great to me, maybe the bridge alone is a little icepicky, but nothing a little eq and tone knob doesn't repair.

How do the stock pickups compare to SD vintage jags? Anyone actually tried them? Opinions? Does it sound more like a "real" jag?
    thanks,
    dan

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Re: opinions on jag pickups

Originally posted by danglybanger
    I've got a 96 MIJ Jag with stock pickups... they sound great to me, maybe the bridge alone is a little icepicky, but nothing a little eq and tone knob doesn't repair.

How do the stock pickups compare to SD vintage jags? Anyone actually tried them? Opinions? Does it sound more like a "real" jag?
    thanks,
    dan

The Duncan Vintage Jag pups will kill the ones you have in the Re-issues, plus Duncan also has plus Seymour also has Hot Jag pups, Quater Pound Jag pups, as well as Antiquity Jag pups, I playes a Ri with a vintage in the neck and a Hot in the bridge...it was a killer set up! It cured the bridge alons ica pick that is an issue on almost every Fender guitar except maybe a Jazzmaster, but it still kept the Jag tone.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
    X