Why don`t they make the JB Jr. for a Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don`t they make the JB Jr. for a Tele

I was just curious , I`m assuming a lot people don`t want a Hot heavy rock pickup in their Tele? I would love one , I`d buy another guitar(Tele) for an excuse to use the pickup!
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Re: Why don`t they make the JB Jr. for a Tele

IIRC, SD tried it, but the tone just wasn't there for a tele. I think it became a Lil' 59, or they just limited the Lil' series to the 59 for teles.

For what it's worth, I don't really think many tele bridge pickups lack the guts for a hard-rocking tone. Metal?-nope. Everything else?-you bet!

It think this is yours...https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...tele+lil+59+jb
    Last edited by Dave; 11-21-2004, 10:40 PM.
    Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
      IIRC, SD tried it, but the tone just wasn't there for a tele. I think it became a Lil' 59, or they just limited the Lil' series to the 59 for teles.
      Yup. The pickup that sounded like a JB didn't sound good in a Tele. So we backed off the turns and created a very cool-sounding pickup, but it sounded way more PAF-like than JB-like.

Hence, the STL59-1b was born!
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

What Duncan really need is a SET of vintage rails for Tele...I would love a set of noiseless tele pups...that still sounded a bit like a Tele, the vintage rails still sound like a Strat but all the noiseless Tele pups loose parts of the Tele sound!
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I think a CC Jr for tele would be awesome. I would get the oomph of a bucker but the lighness of A2.

Luke
          “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            the vintage rails still sound like a Strat but all the noiseless Tele pups loose parts of the Tele sound!
            Have you triend the Vintage Lead Stack? It's pretty dead-on to my ears. And Brent Mason's. And Pete Anderson's. And Joe Glaser's. And half of the hot pickers in Nashville.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

The Vintage Stack Tele set is killer sounding. I installed a set in one of my older students guitars and short of the lack of hum you'd never know they weren't true tele singles.

I have the Hot Stack in my Tele, another great Tele tone but with a bit more warmth and attitude.
              www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
              www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
              http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp
                Have you triend the Vintage Lead Stack? It's pretty dead-on to my ears. And Brent Mason's. And Pete Anderson's. And Joe Glaser's. And half of the hot pickers in Nashville.

No, I have not...NOT YET!!!

Thanks for the info Evan!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                X