What neck pup with an EVH?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What neck pup with an EVH?

I just got an EVH - 59n set for my LP and individually I love both of them but as a set I am not so sure. The EQ settings for me are a bit further apart than I anticipated. The EVH is a whole lot brighter in my LP than I ever expected it to be so I guess I am looking for a neck pup that can keep up with it more specifically something with a crisper bottom end.
    My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: What neck pup with an EVH?

the PGn has a very crisp tone aver all...esp in the bottom. What can you tell me aobut the EVH...
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Well the EVH is pretty cool. Definitely easy to dial Eddie's sound in, super easy actually. The cleans are a bit thin but with a bit of tweaking I am somewhere between Eddie and the good Reverend Wilie G. overall both clean and juiced.

Funny I was thinking the PGn right after I posted. The EVH is similar to the PGb but a bit more compressed sounding, though I only had a PG for a short while and I wasn't overly impressed with it at the time. The EVH has a lot more bite than a typical A2 mag pup, in fact if you told me it was an A5 mag I would believe it. I'd been dying to get my hands on this pup for a while and I figured I always now I can drop my A2P back in and be happy if I get tired of it. I think ideally i would like something that walks a bit closer to the A2P butwe'll see it is still early yet.
      My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I've been curious about that pickup too. I'm surprised that an A-2 pickup would be described as bright. So, I'm assuming it sounds like CC or Seth B, but the high end is more pronounced?
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Not really like a CC, no. Nowheres near the compressed sound a CC has. I mean seriously if you put on the first VH album with a tone in the ballpark, you got it ,no issues at all. The CC to me is Schenker on steroids, much warmer and it takes a bit more pick attack to the same articulation out of it. I haven't been able to get the rounder low mids out of the EVH like I can an A2P or a CC, think "Only You Can Rock Me" by UFO.

I have never tried a Seth so you got me there.
          My Bands -

GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

If I remember correctly my Charvel San Dimas Anniversery has an EVH in it... (listed as a SD '78 on the Charvel site) and it certainly doesn't like I expected. It is quite easy to get the VH I sound with it, but I think it's a bit thicker sounding. I think it sounds like a slightly brigher Les Paul when played through my Marshall 2555.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I would go with the PGn.

Comment

Working...
              X