"Seymour Duncan Special Van halen pickup 1979"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Seymour Duncan Special Van halen pickup 1979"

Ed started to use basswood with the kramer 5150 guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hunter View Post
      keep in mind that charvel was originally a V trem model and probably sounded fine. the placement of the floyd is what F**ked it up imho.
      the string length would be the same between the 2 bridges... the placement of the PU would still be in a brighter position no matter which bridge he used on it... i have a few guitars with large almost swimming pool routes where i experimented with moving the PU 1/8 ahead each time and trying it out... every 1/8 move makes a huge difference...

Comment

Originally posted by pittbull View Post
        Ed didnt use the black and yellow strat in the 90s."Ed added a gold FRO"....??
        yes the guitar was photographed at 5150 in the attic for the Van Halen Fanzine The Inside in the late 90's... they had a special issue devoted to Ed's collection... they showed the B&Y one with a Gold floyd on it... i assume it was like this when Ed put it in Dimes coffin...

Comment

I want this charvel! F**K that 25K fender replica!

that neck makes me drool!

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
            yes the guitar was photographed at 5150 in the attic for the Van Halen Fanzine The Inside in the late 90's... they had a special issue devoted to Ed's collection... they showed the B&Y one with a Gold floyd on it... i assume it was like this when Ed put it in Dimes coffin...
            I seen that pic

Comment

Ed H, Ed did lye in those early interviews.Also "leadguy" got most of his information from "Nitro" who is very knowledgeable about Van halen.Leadguy would take your information and make it sound like it was his.

Comment

Ed didnt use the black and yellow strat in the 90s."Ed added a gold FRO"....??
                Well, he keeps guitars and liked it for historical reasons and probably thought he could resurrect it. He finally stuck it in Dimebag's coffin because Dime told him it was his favorite guitar of all time.

Comment

Ed H, Ed did lye in those early interviews.Also "leadguy" got most of his information from "Nitro" who is very knowledgeable about Van halen.Leadguy would take your information and make it sound like it was his.
                  i know who you speak of. I dont post there any longer they banned the best guy they had there mark rockstah
                  Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-02-2011, 07:27 PM.

Comment

what do you guys think of this VH1 tone?

Comment

Ed H,why was your post deleted ???

Comment

They banned Rockstah and Nitro,the reason why is because of that administator mighty mike,he will ban you if he doesnt like your opinions,thats sad.Rockstah has is own forum at Rockstah amps,great site.
                        Last edited by pittbull; 06-02-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

They banned Rockstah and Nitro,the reason why is because of that administator mighty mike,he will ban you if he doesnt like your opinions,that sad.Rockstah has is own forum at Rockstah amps,great site.
                          I liked mark the guy had tone and can play his ass off! he left so did i!
                          everyone there worships ralle,nice guy but i thought mark had the better chops and tone! he modded my plexi

Comment

Ed H,why was your post deleted ???
                            I did it,changed my mind about what i posted

Comment

I just listend to that ralle clip and it sounded good with the Dimarzio super distortion,ralle explained the the dimarzio super distortion was the only pickup that achieved that tone for him(ralle).

Comment

I just listend to that ralle clip and it sounded good with the Dimarzio super distortion,ralle explained the the dimarzio super distortion was the only pickup that achieved that tone for him(ralle).
                                yeah i like ralle he is a good guy
                                Last edited by Ed Hunter; 06-02-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X