Burstbucker Pro's -- I love 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Burstbucker Pro's -- I love 'em

I never had a problem with mine until I started playing metal. Only then did I start to find flaws but this wasn't necessarily the pickup's fault.

I did however hate the neck pickup. The bass response was overwhelming and didn't seem to mix well with the bridge. I adjusted the height on that thing I don't know how many times. Maybe that's just my experience.

They were in a Gibson LP Standard Faded btw. I opted for a Distortion Mayhem set to replace them. If I stop playing with this band I'll probably switch them out, but probably to a Slash set. For curiosity's sake.
    Originally posted by Rockstar216
    Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Re: Burstbucker Pro's -- I love 'em

Originally posted by papersoul View Post
      Bump for old thread since I just picked up a new 2012 LP Studio Deluxe that is every bit as good as any of my standards. The uncovered bridge BB Pro is GREAT! Only complaint is the BB Pro bridge pickup is not cleaning up well. It may be the modern wiring, 500K linear pot or the BB Pro itself. I am going to try 50d wiring or a treble retention circuit. Other than this, the BB Pro in this LP is stunning in tone and feel.
      Might want to lower it and raise the pole pieces to balance. Should clean up just fine.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
      X