Soldering JBJ in ibanez need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soldering JBJ in ibanez need help!

This is probably an old question and has been answered many times. I have an Ibanez s470. I was looking for a schimatic on seymour duncans site that could tell me where to solder everything seeing as this is my first soldering project. The pickup i have and want to replace with me old powersounds in my s470 is a seymour duncan JBJ model in the bridge position. If anyone can post a schimatic of where i should solder all the wires i would be very happy and it would be very greatly appreciated. thanks

Re: Soldering JBJ in ibanez need help!

OMG! the JBJ is an illegal pickup which has to be imediatelly sent to me!!!! NOW, DONT WASTE ANY TIME!!!

the thing with the ibanez switches can be a little confusing as they're all in a row and not adjacent as on strat switches.

is it a four or single conductor pup? there are schematics on the SD page, but you can wait around for a bit and see if someone here posts some modified schematics.. or do a search around the forum. good luck with the soldering process

Comment

sry im a complete newbie when it comes to installing pickups, ive searched around and found something similar to my problem except its with a dimarzio pickup rather than the wireing for mine a JBJ, anway what do you mean by 4 or single conductor pup? are you talking about my ibanez or the JBJ

Comment

I can post pictures if needed.

Comment

i'm talking about the JB .. does it have 4 wires and a bare? (black, white, red, green and bare?)

black is the start of the coils, the red and white ones are the end and start of each single coil (if you solder them together the coils are in series and it means that the humbucker is in 'full' mode)

it also depends on how you want to wire it. do you want to split the coils or do you want the humbucker to be in full mode all the time?

i'm probably confusing you even more with my babling, so i say wait for someone more experienced with this (pictures would help =))

Comment

it has 4 wires and a base wire yes im having trouble stripping it now : (.

When you say split do you mean in the 2nd and 4th position or like when you pull on a knob and it pops up... lol im sizeing down pictures right now

Comment

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

Get the best of SEO, content writing, and content marketing services from industry experts. With our proven strategy and years experience target the right kind of keywords and audience.

Comment

the big green wire is the bridge pickup im replacing.

Comment

anyone have any schimatics on where to solder what????

Comment

Originally posted by o010010010101010
                    it has 4 wires and a base wire yes im having trouble stripping it now : (.

When you say split do you mean in the 2nd and 4th position or like when you pull on a knob and it pops up... lol im sizeing down pictures right now
                    i mean the 2 and 4 positions.

final bump for today.. it's really bloody late and i got to wake up too damn early tomorrow to process anything in my brain (whatever of it that didnt turn into goo yet and drip out of my nose that is) hope you have more luck when one of the wireing gurus (like artietoo) chimes in

Comment

anyone have any ideas??

Comment

^

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                            . . . hope you have more luck when one of the wireing gurus (like artietoo) chimes in
                            I'll take a shot at this in a day or two. (Hope you can be patient 'til then.

I've been wrestling with a Dodge Neon waterpump for the last couple weeks.
                            (My last FWD car.)

Artie

Comment

yes i can wait.. .thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X