Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sh-5 custom question

Hey guys,

i just got an sh-5 custom for my Les Paul copy, but its a pretty good one... an Agile LP2500. its mahogony with 2tone and 2volume pots, all 500K so basically a Les Paul. anyway ... the quesiton i have is feedback with the sh-5. i replaced my old stock pups which had an output rating of about 14.2 henries, whatever that is supposed to mean. now i got the sh-5 (if anyone know the output of it id appreciate that), got it wired by a pro and it sounds great ... but when i am practicing in my room (about 5 feet away from the amp) with my amp pretty low on volume (1/10 on an 80W SS peavey bandit amp) i get feedback. this didnt used to happen with my stock pup. is this normal, is this due to the high output of the sh-5, or do i have some other problem?

thanks a lot,

mike

Re: sh-5 custom question

The Custom is a fairly high-gain pickup so it could be possible, but I'm sorry I don't really know the answer to your question. Sounds a bit fishy to me tho. Anyway, here's a bump to the top of the list. Welcome aboard
    Originally posted by Scott_F
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Re: sh-5 custom question

I just dropped one in my Les Paul and I was getting a little more feedback than before. I think it's a hot pickup with the right EQ to make it squeal a little. It's nothing problematic for me though.

Comment

Working...
      X