banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG Ladder tournement, final 2 contenders! Help plz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG Ladder tournement, final 2 contenders! Help plz!

OK after much deliberation, I've came down to the 60n/89b Or the 60n/81b So IM starting a poll to find out which pickup set would complement each other the best and offer the best over all versatility!

60neck/89bridge
    54.17%
    60neck/81bridge
    45.83%
    Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Re: EMG Ladder tournement, final 2 contenders! Help plz!

Bumpity Bump.
    Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

I'd imagine the 89 in the bridge for versatility, isn't that the one you can split?

Even though, both bridge pickups would most likely complement the neck pup fine. Doesn't Hetfield use the 81b/60n combo?

Comment

Yea, he uses that. and yes the 89 is a splitable 85.

Comment

The 89 will offer more versatility, seeing as it is an SA and an 85...

That way both pickups (or all three, really) can do good cleans... instead of just the 60.

What guitar is it going in again?

Bee
          Originally posted by Kanye West
          Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

my B.C. Rich Platium Pro Warlock *Metallic Red

Comment

60/89 alot more versatile and wound just be an awesome set
              Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
              The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

thanks for the info, yea, i was wanting to check b4 i invested more in pickups then the cost of the guitar(i got a hell of a deal on it, BRAND NEW)

Comment

Btw, when you vote, state the reason why you voted, i noticed the 81 has 2 votes now.

Comment

89/60. I've tried the 85 which on it's own is a very versatile pick up. Any more versatilly and you might pull me to the active side again. Let's hope it'll work out for me this time.

For now I still don't like the 81. It's overly bright, unlike the 85 which is chunky and clear, kind of like a Custom with way more output! It's cleans aren't usable. And it just always sound the same to me. This is my personal experience with several guitars, which I own, I've heard and which I've played.
                    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
                    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
                    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
                    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
                    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

I always thought of the emg85 as a much warmer,natural sounding than the emg 81. Also there aren't many things the 81 does and that the 85 isn't able to do.......So i would certainly go with the 89 (which is in fact a splittable 85).....even more versatility than the 81........

Comment

81's cleans are not great by any stretch of the imagination. 89's sound much better in lower gain situations..

Comment

89/60 m hands down. The 85 is a much more versatile PUP than the 81 already, and being able to split it into an SA just adds that much more
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I voted 89/60, but I really like the 81 in the neck. The coil split is also pretty useless to me, so I'd go 85/81.
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

i got into a debate with the sound tech at the guitarmageddon i was at yesterday and he said he aint ever using anything else but 89's in the bridge. he's playing a japan jacky rhoads. sustain for days and splitable for cool clean tones. the 60 in the neck is a given hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X