Cardinal sin of wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinal sin of wiring

Well, I just had a wire come off of a solder and I don't know where it goes, and did not draw a diagram

So gurus, please help if you can. I have a HSS with a series/split/parallel toggle. I hate the way this is stock wired - N/NM/NB/MB/B and would like to change it now to N/NM/M/MB/B if somebody can guide me through this.

The mystery wire is the wire on the standard Duncan wiring diagram that goes from the on/on/on switch where the black pick up wire goes to the selector switch. I cannot tell which spot on the selector switch it came from.

What more info can I supply that will help you help me!! Thanks.
    Wankologist
    Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

check the schematics section there should be the diagram you need

Comment

I can't find a diagram to help yet, maybe I'm just not seeing it, but... all the ones on the Duncan site that show the DPDT on/on/on switch just show the wire goes out to the selector switch, but don't show where. Can't find how to rewire the selector switch there either. I'll check some other sites that I know, and I'm open for some other site reco's as well.
      Wankologist
      Ultra Strat > G30 Relay > Stobostomp > Pod HD500 > DT25 Combo - Taylor 810, MIM Deluxe Players w/Kleins, Artcore 73

Following gear for sale - Super Champ XD / BBE Sonic Stomp / Line 6 M13 / Brian Moore i1 / '65 Bassman / Reverend Hellhound 1x12 / Tech 21 Power Engine

Comment

ok, you said it doesnt show where the output of the toggle goes, the output of the toggle goes where the black wire is in this schematic Click

i dont know how many tone or volume knobs you have.. but i think you can get it

Comment

OK, thanks. My stuff looks a bit different, the switch has all the lugs running from one side of the switch to the other instead of 4 to a side, and my switch has a bunch of little wires connecting various lugs together that I don't see here, but I think can at least get it back to the way it was. My wiring has one volume, one tone, and one TBX, plus the mini toggle.
          Wankologist

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainCrunch
            the switch has all the lugs running from one side of the switch to the other (10 total) instead of 4 to a side
            Can anybody tell me how these would correspond to the 4 lugs to a side switch shown in the diagram HolyDirt linked to?
            Wankologist

Comment

Working...
            X