Scorcher or Hot Rails?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scorcher or Hot Rails?

I aquired another Squier Strat, this one with the standard strat pup layout. I instantly thought Hot Rails, but remembered reading on the Duncan page regarding Duncan Designs that the Scorcher is "an even higher output version of the Hot Rails."
    Does anyone know if this is the case, and how is the sound quality compared to the HR?

Also, would I be better off with any of the Lil's for rip your head off metal?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Scorcher or Hot Rails?

For metal, go with the Hot Rails. I have no real experience with the Scorcher, but what I've found is that the Duncan Designs are a bit lacking when compared to a real Duncan.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

The only reason I was considering the Scorcher is I have a Detonator that, while it doesn't sound exactly like an Invader, is pretty cool in it's own right.

I think a cheap Hot Rails will be the choice.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Hey JB,

I have a white Hot Rails for sale (cheap) in The Trading Post section.
        Thought I'd let you know.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

I put a 2 hot rails in my MIM strat and I love them. It's not your nice sparkly strat tone but it sure does kick.

Fender MIM Strat (Hot Rails)
          Squier P-Bass
          Hamer Standard (import)

Comment

the scorcher measures around 24k. that's the hottest pickup duncan makes. i think the regular hotrail measures 12-16 ... something like that.
            -Greg

Guitars:
            2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
            2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
            2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
            Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

Working...
            X