aNt I Texas Hot: thumbs up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aNt I Texas Hot: thumbs up

well, now that ive gone through a fender CS69, duncan surfer, and now the texas hot in the neck position, i can definately say that the texas hot is my fav of the 3

to my ears, the CS69 and surfer are pretty close in sound, there is a small difference, but its hard to really explain........

i just have come to conclusion that i really really like Duncan a2 magnets single coils, ive now got twangbanger-APS1- Texas hot setup, and they all blend nicely, specially the bridge/mid combo sounds really nice, nice suprise there

the texas hot just seems to have more texture and aliveness in the mids as compared to the Surfer, and the bottom end is a little more juicy......i felt like there was something missing in the sound of the Surfer neck, maybe its just the mids or texture of the mids i was missing, but i feel like the Texas Hot responds better in my guitar anyways, and its definately have a sweet bell like hollow sound on the upper strings, its vintage all the way

anyways, just thought id let ya know he he
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Re: aNt I Texas Hot: thumbs up

Good news flank!
    Sorry about my response to you PM. I was rereading some of them today before deleting them & now realize you were asking about the NECK pup.
    Glad it all worked out for the best.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Glad to hear it brother....As I've said....I Love Surfers in the neck and middle and then either the Twangbanger or the Texas Hot in the bridge....I took out the TB and put the texas hot in my one strat and I Like it alot...For me,the A2 poles in the bridge have that little extra something my ears like?

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

there is definately some great SRV sounds to be had with this pickup as i play it more and more
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Working...
        X