Longshaft Liberators?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longshaft Liberators?

I love the Liberator, but it does not fit my LP Standard. I need a longshaft for that one. Will there be a Longshaft version any time soon?
    Last edited by Lithium_Grim; 07-31-2011, 12:25 AM.

Re: Longshaft Liberators?

Yes. I can't give a firm ETA but it is in the works. In the mean time, it is possible to cut the 3 pins from the existing pot, desolder the can from the PCB, and replace the pot with a different one.

Comment

And an approximate? Q3 2011? 2012?

Comment

If you have active pickups they have offered a Gus. G. Active long shaft pot with a liberator. I saw it on ebay. Can that be made passive? I'm using custom Antiquities. If it is just a matter of snip+snip+snip & solder, why would you not make them at the shop? I'm worried about ruining the liberator. PCB's don't like too much heat. Is 35 Watts too hot? Then, you solder any pot you want on it as long as it is a 500K? True please, I do not want to do this myself, but no qualified techs exist where I am recording. Yes. Really!~This Les Paul is an Enigma. It may be haunted! ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by MIRAGE View Post
          If you have active pickups they have offered a Gus. G. Active long shaft pot with a liberator. I saw it on ebay. Can that be made passive? I'm using custom Antiquities. If it is just a matter of snip+snip+snip & solder, why would you not make them at the shop? I'm worried about ruining the liberator. PCB's don't like too much heat. Is 35 Watts too hot? Then, you solder any pot you want on it as long as it is a 500K? True please, I do not want to do this myself, but no qualified techs exist where I am recording. Yes. Really!~This Les Paul is an Enigma. It may be haunted! ;-)
          It is possible to change the pot on regular liberators I did myself. I mailed SD about it (1/2 year ago) and they mentioned they were possibly releasing a longshaft version of the liberator and advised me to desolder the pot and solder a longshaft on it... so I did. Takes some work to do it right but you don't need to be a soldering pro. The one that comes with the gus g is not a regular one and I am not sure about the wiring on the board so I hope someone else can answer that one.

Comment

Working...
          X