push/pull pot madness question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• push/pull pot madness question!

Hey, I've been wanting to get a push/pull pot installed to get out-of-phase peter greene esque sounds but I also just thought of getting a coil tap on my PGn. Would the tone from the split be too weak because the output would be somewhere around 3.7k when split, would this tone also be simlilar to the out-of-phase tone? I was thinkin if they both sounded good and different that I could put a push/pull on both tone knobs. My tech is really good at wiring so i know he could do it I just don't know if it would be worth it.

Re: push/pull pot madness question!

I'm not sure how that weak of a pickup would sound split. Truthfully most humbuckers sound weak split to me, so Ehh. It deffinately wouldn't sound "Out of Phase" or peter greenish in any way. It would just sound kinda like a single coil (but not exactly the same as say a strat or anything). A coil spilt and a Phase switch are deffinately both gonna sound totally different. weather they sound "good" is really a preferance. And they'll both sound drasticly different depending on what pickups yer useing. But they're both worth trying out. Ya might love it, and ya might hate it. Hard to tell.
    I'm gonna say one last thing though. I've had tons of switches on guitars before. And truthfully even with all those "options" I normally stuck to straight Humbucker tones (i.e. Neck, n/b, or Bridge), cause trying to push more than one switch to change sounds is just far to much trouble. So try em out, But before ya waste money on it, ask yourself if you really need That many sounds? Ed
    www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
    I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

Re: push/pull pot madness question!

You might consider wiring the push/pulls for both coil splitting and series operation. that way, you could pull out two knobs, and you'd have two split coils in series, which would give you a stronger output.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
      X