parallel axis vs regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parallel axis vs regular

i was searching for a bridge distortion for my c1 and it comes out this parallel axis distortion trembucker , whats the diference between regular distortion and parallel axis distortion ? are they good?
    Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
    Epi Les paul honeyburst, loaded with Seymour Duncan DD (b) 59 (n)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300 , Stock pickups
    Yamaha Pacifica , stock
    epiphone acoustic
    marshall combo
    cry baby wah
    monster cables

Re: parallel axis vs regular

anybody please!!!!!!
    Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
    Yamaha Pacifica , stock
    epiphone acoustic
    marshall combo
    cry baby wah
    monster cables

Comment

parallel axis is wound up to something like 20K + and it has the special polepieces to shape the magnetic field around the the srtring differantly. Two words, VERY HOT.
      Kramer Classic III - Trans Amber

and more projects than you can shake a spray gun at.

Comment

Originally posted by NathanCahill
        parallel axis is wound up to something like 20K + and it has the special polepieces to shape the magnetic field around the the srtring differantly. Two words, VERY HOT.

And thick.

The PA Trembuckers were made to compensate for the loss of body inherent in superstrat style guitars with locking trems. It's supposed to make them sound more like a hardtail guitar with a thicker body (more mids and bass, smoother highs). It might work in your C1, if you have wider than Gibson string spacing at the bridge, but keep in mind, it'll be super thick and very, very hot.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

and which one u think it would sound better in my c1 dude honestly? regular or parallel
          Yamaha Pacifica , stock
          epiphone acoustic
          marshall combo
          cry baby wah
          monster cables

Comment

"Better" is a very subjective term. Do you want really thick & hot? If so, the PATB is the way to go. If not...

I don't mean to sound like a d*ck, but there are a lot of factors to consider
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
              "Better" is a very subjective term. Do you want really thick & hot? If so, the PATB is the way to go. If not...

I don't mean to sound like a d*ck, but there are a lot of factors to consider

please help me man what kind of factors which of both would give me more like a black album metallica agressive tone ?
              Yamaha Pacifica , stock
              epiphone acoustic
              marshall combo
              cry baby wah
              monster cables

Comment

Unless the C-1 is really anemic sounding, I think you'd be alright with the SH-6 (regular). Do you know what type of wood it's made of, is the neck bolt on or set/neck thru, does it have a tremelo bar?
                “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                  Unless the C-1 is really anemic sounding, I think you'd be alright with the SH-6 (regular). Do you know what type of wood it's made of, is the neck bolt on or set/neck thru, does it have a tremelo bar?

its mahogany body , i dont know about the neck but its not glued on im sure of that , does not have a tremolo bar , and the strings go inside the body
                  still has duncan desing hb 103 i think and it sounds pretty good let me tell you
                  Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                  epiphone acoustic
                  marshall combo
                  cry baby wah
                  monster cables

Comment

Working...
                  X