HOW TO: Make a 59/Custom Hybrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HOW TO: Make a 59/Custom Hybrid

Thanks! I grew complacent after making a few of these!

Comment

sounds SOOOOOO sweet in my charvel with Alnico 2 mag.

There was a short pair on ebay that the guy said was from an early 60s paf, pat, or p-90. Went for $46 + ship. seems a little steep. bought some alnico 2s and 4s from addictionFX instead.

Comment

A2 mags for $46? LOL. I'll bet they sold too, didn't they?

So you were able to fix your pickup?

Comment

A2 mags... hehe

Last July me and my boss (who also plays guitar) were laughing because there was a price tag off of a 1958 Gibson Les Paul that sold for almost $550.

the only thing I could imagine someone doing with that is if they actually had a 58 and could say they had the original price tag.
          Originally posted by Good Will Hunting
          Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
            A2 mags for $46? LOL. I'll bet they sold too, didn't they?

So you were able to fix your pickup?
            no, could not find the coil end wire. was thinking about unwinding it and then rewinding. Sacrifice for science. Would love to learn the hidden art of re-wiring.

They sold alright. I was pissed, I wanted them. If I heard no difference between them and my addiction FX A2s, I would put them back out to wolves.

Kinda cool to own a vintage part and use it me thinks.

Comment

Neil "Spyder" Giraldo just got a couple of these and here's what he said about them:
              heres a quick update on the pickups...
              the hybrids work fantastic!!!...so far one set is in rich eagle.....one set in gmp!!!

Nice! If you want to see the Hybrids in action in Spyder's guitar with Pat Benatar, click here to find a show near you.
              Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
              Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan Skopp View Post
                Neil "Spyder" Giraldo just got a couple of these and here's what he said about them:
                heres a quick update on the pickups...
                the hybrids work fantastic!!!...so far one set is in rich eagle.....one set in gmp!!!

Nice! If you want to see the Hybrids in action in Spyder's guitar with Pat Benatar, click here to find a show near you.
                OUTSTANDING! i am a fan of neils very underrated player IMHO. good to see he still now great tone!

Comment

LOOK to the LEFT!
                  My first Roxie after seeing Neil with one... that was 11 years ago...
                  A Roxie with a set of Hybrids is my all time favorite axe... hopefully you set him up with a 59/Jazz Neck Hybrid
                  GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

they are in town tomorrow. I've know that he's been playing GMPs since the 90s. that cat is an awesome and very under-rated guitarist.

Comment

Read a nice review of this pickup here.
                      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
                      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thanks for posting my review Evan.
                        http://www.lonephantom.com
                        http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Originally posted by LonePhantom View Post
                          great review phantom and thanks again for the help with the TZ
                          I finally can use one

Comment

• Wants!

Digging your review as well, and Jon from @guitarnoize's sound clip demo is also very helpful. I SO want one of these for my next build!

http://soundcloud.com/guitarnoize/se...ncan-59-custom

Comment

Thanks. I tried to record some demos last night to upload, but with the combination of my carpal tunnel flaring up, and my mediocre recording gear, I'm not sure it'll be up to snuff. I'm hopefully going to check it out again tonight, see if anything sounds any good.

I really wish I wasn't such a broke ass, so I could get myself something half decent to record audio and video together.
                              http://www.lonephantom.com
                              http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/author/stephen/

Comment

Thanks. I tried to record some demos last night to upload, but with the combination of my carpal tunnel flaring up, and my mediocre recording gear, I'm not sure it'll be up to snuff. I'm hopefully going to check it out again tonight, see if anything sounds any good.

I really wish I wasn't such a broke ass, so I could get myself something half decent to record audio and video together.
                                wow that sucks bro! cause just that little demo you did of the tone zone with different caps was a huge help to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X