what is too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is too much

Will throwing a Dimebucker (bridge) and a Distortion pickup into the neck be too much. I'm looking for something that gives good pinch harmonics and has a good metal tone (ala megadeth, pantera etc). I've heard the dimebucker is very hot and can feed back a lot.
    "Faster than a laser bullet
    Louder than an atom bomb"

Re: what is too much

If gain is your goal, I think you're right on target
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Instead of a Distoriton in the neck, check out a Full shred (SH-10).
      I use a Dime in the bridge and a Full Shred in the neck and it's a killer setup
      This space is for rent.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy
        Instead of a Distoriton in the neck, check out a Full shred (SH-10).
        I use a Dime in the bridge and a Full Shred in the neck and it's a killer setup
        Ha. Just what I was going to suggest. It will give you better clean tones, thus more versitility if that is a consideration.

Comment

Thanks, I do play a fair bit of blues and clean stuff too I was looking for a good balance but I definitely want a dimebucker as part of the setup.

Comment

What kind of amp will you be playing through?
            Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Right now just a Fender practice amp. I'm looking to get something bigger down the road. I've been out of playing for too long. I'm not jamming with other people yet. I'm probably going to pick up a marshall or Randall combo in the not to distant future.

Comment

The DD/Dime set will work, but you will compromise your cleans, to say the least.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I've got a DD/DD set in a Hamer Diablo with a 5-way switch and that thing can do just about anything. The Distortion cleans up quite nicely, especially when split.
                  Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Would maybe a JB or something else be better in the neck than a Distortion or Full Shred? The guitar is a Ibanez RG 1570. So it also has a single coil in the middle. I was thinking of putting something a little tamer in that position.

Comment

In that setup I would go with a DD/Cool Rails/DD.
                      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis
                        In that setup I would go with a DD/Cool Rails/DD.
                        +1

Im not much for the "metal" guitars OR pickups but I can tell you that a DD is a killer pup...can get down right nasty but still has a good clean tone and I would think that a pair of DD with a coolrail in the middle would be a pretty good set up
                        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                        X