Volume pot continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume pot continued

500 vs 250, my sa2100 is a very bright sounding guitar as is, I'm assuming that it is the jap pickups, and that after i install the SD's (59N, Custom5B) I would loose some of the brightness, is it possible that part of the reason may be the guitar itself (a bright semi-hollow) and that 250K may be better to curb that brightness?.

Re: Volume pot continued

Originally posted by Crosscut5
    500 vs 250, my sa2100 is a very bright sounding guitar as is, I'm assuming that it is the jap pickups, and that after i install the SD's (59N, Custom5B) I would loose some of the brightness, is it possible that part of the reason may be the guitar itself (a bright semi-hollow) and that 250K may be better to curb that brightness?.
    Hey man...I am replacing the pups in my SG2000 for the same reason...if you're going with 59n and Custom 5B stick with the 500k pots...The bright is the pups...The pickups in the SG and the SA were all real bright, Yamaha did not want them to get muddy, because of that they have a very bright/cutting
    sound. Like I said, Im in the same boat...with the pups you named you should fix that bright thing but trust me...stick with the 500k pots.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks, I can always roll a little off the tone pot if need be.

Comment

Thanks, I can always roll a little off the tone pot if need be.
        Thats true, But I think you will be more than fine with the 500k...and you're right there are tone controls for little tweeks.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

.22 orange drop caps were recommend, What is the difference between the larger/small values

Comment

.22 orange drop caps were recommend, What is the difference between the larger/small values
            Yeah you put a .22 (I assume here uF) in that guitar ... I think you mean 0.022uF ... Anyway, the larger the cap value the lower the frequency the corner of the filter, and the more treble is rolled off at the end of the sweep. With the tone at 0 ... Larger cap value= less high end and more lower mids; Smaller cap value= more highs, and more upper mids.
            ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
            ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
            Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
            X