banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another Humbucker choice thread (Metalish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Humbucker choice thread (Metalish)

Im trying to find new bridge and neck humbuckers (Basswood body) to replace crap "mightymite" pickups.

Im really really into pinch harmonics and the like :P, but i like a good palm muted sound (all of this overdriven of course :P) I mainly play metal but try to fool myself i can play other stuff + i would die if i didnt have a good clean tone to work with too.

If i had to name anyinfluences they would probs be along the lines of pantera, zakk, extreme etc

Was thinking custom/jazz in bridge/neck, but heard great things about the distortion for harmonics and things like that and better things about the dimebucker for palm muting.

Just wondering if i picked the right thing for what i want in your opinions. (it cant be EMG 8*s because of those dam batterys and i dont want to wait however long for an xl500 as i believe i dont really posess the experience to notice the difference :P)

Also, while im here, any single coil suggestions for in between the buckers i choose? (was thinking of maybe buying a random one of those mini buckers just to see how it sounds but might not be such a good idea tone wise :P)

Thanks for any help

Re: Yet another Humbucker choice thread (Metalish)

My SD PA-TB2 Handles both harmonics and palm muting well...
    Ebay quote :"..Everything was glued together, and I have not had any problem with playability, my tech says it's gonna hold up good.."

Comment

I have kind of narrowed it down in my mind to a PA-TB2b or a TB-6 in the bridge and a jazz in the neck (didnt even notice the parallel axis before) Still not sure about the single in the middle though. I might just leave it stock for now. Anyone have any ideas? Im guessing that really the distortion and the distortion trembucker are basically the same except for the parallel axis. Am i right? (I think ill probs go with the PA-TB2 because it looks slightly better as well )

Should i be caring about the lack of bass in both of these bridge 'buckers?

Comment

There really isn't a lack of bass for me with PA-Tb2...
        Ebay quote :"..Everything was glued together, and I have not had any problem with playability, my tech says it's gonna hold up good.."

Comment

Working...
        X