Patb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patb

I just bought & installed what I thought was a PATB-2. After playing for awhile, I realized I really like it. It didn't seem as hot as I figured it would be, but it sounds killer.

I get on the tone chart, and realize what I'm hearing looks a whole lot more like the Original Parallel Axis than the Distortion model. So, I popped the pup out, took off the baseplate and see a shiny Alnico 5 magnet staring back at me! Looks like there's a good reason it sounds more like the Origina PATB...

At first, I though, damn, I wanted the distortion model. But, the more I played it, I realized this is a great sounding pickup I wouldn't have otherwise tried. Turned out to be kind of a happy accident.

Has anyone else here used it? It sounds fat as hell, super smooth, great harmonics, and really chunky with palm mutes. Great pup for metal. I really dig the clean tone, too
    Last edited by JB_From_Hell; 12-05-2004, 11:34 PM.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Patb

Never played it, but sounds ideal. Thanks for the review!

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
      I just bought & installed what I thought was a PATB-2. After playing for awhile, I realized I really like it. It didn't seem as hot as I figured it would be, but it sounds killer.

I get on the tone chart, and realize what I'm hearing looks a whole lot more like the Original Parallel Axis than the Distortion model. So, I popped the pup out, took off the baseplate and see a shiny Alnico 5 magnet staring back at me! Looks like there's a good reason it sounds more like the Origina PATB...

At first, I though, damn, I wanted the distortion model. But, the more I played it, I realized this is a great sounding pickup I wouldn't have otherwise tried. Turned out to be kind of a happy accident.

Has anyone else here used it? It sounds fat as hell, super smooth, great harmonics, and really chunky with palm mutes. Great pup for metal. I really dig the clean tone, too
      ..I haven't tried one yet, but it's been #1 on my next-to-buy list for a long time. ..I like the SD samples of the Original more than the PA Distortion. ..I think I'm done with buying Ceramics. What guitar did you put it in? ..Are you gonna make some clips to share with us?
      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

sounds awesome. Im thinking of buying one some time just to give it a try. Wat guitar have you got it in? Does it do the EVH tone like some people say?

Comment

Its in an ESP/Ltd M100, tuned down a whole step with 11-54 strings. They're not kidding when they say it'll restore the bass a locking trem takes away. It sounds every bit as chunky as ANY fixed bridge guitar I've ever played.

I've been playing it with a really high gain, mid heavy tone, so I may not be the best to comment on this, but I don't see the EVH thing at all. It's WAY hotter than the classic Eddie pup, and a whole lot more bottom heavy.

Imagine the Invader getting all cleaned up to meet it's girlfriend's parents for the first time.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

"Imagine the Invader getting all cleaned up to meet it's girlfriend's parents for the first time. "
            AHahAHahah AWESOME ANALOGY
            ahahahahahahahahahahahahah
            Ibanez RG7420-Evo 7-Liquifire 7
            Ibanez RG7420-Blaze Custom 7-Air Norton 7
            Ibanez RG550-Nailbomb-Nailbomb
            Jackson DXMG-Juggernaut - Juggernaut
            Ibanez RGT6EX-81-60A
            Ibanez RGT42DX-BlackHawk - BlackHawk
            Fender Am Std-Holy Diver-Emerald

Charvel Fusion DLX-81-SA
            Ibanez SR505 MIK Bass.

Fender EVH 5510 III 50w Head + Custom 2X12 Cabinet W/ WGS Liberator Speakers.

Comment

Like that?

Comment

Thats sonds like a sweet pickup. Im definetly buying one of those for my next guitar. Im a strat guy and i like the clean tone a strat has but not when it comes to playing hardrock and metal a H-S-S config is a must for me. Im thinking for my next guitar a PATB-1 at the bridge and quater pounders in the middle and neck positions will sound awesome.

Comment

Working...
                X