banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What about the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno Model trembucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno Model trembucker?

Hey , JB from hell.....I was getting ready to ask the same question and then I noticed your post. I've been contemplating getting a replacement pup for my Charvel traditional. I've decided that I'm going to try one of the trembuckers but I am torn between the Distortion & the Blues Saraceno model. The Standard Duncan distortion comes recommended by Travis in that guitar so I figure an Axis distortion could only be better...plus the hot rails/cool rails are both ceramic & match the dist. in magnet. I dont like the contrast when I switch down to the Custom 5....kinda loose and nasal-ly compared to the rails.......but I like the idea of a big ol fat PAF tone in a floyd axe.....desicion desicions. Anyone heard comparisons between the PATB-2 Distortion & the Blues?

thanks

Re: What about the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno Model trembucker?

The Distortion is extremely high in output, hotter than the standard Duncan Distortion. If you have the right amp, the Blues model will do metal with no problem. It's one of the best pickups I've ever used, I always recommend it to people on the board who are looking for a slightly overwound PAF. I like the fact that it has more mids than the '59, Demon, or C5, while having the perfect amount of bass and treble. It has a little more output than a typical PAF, but it's less hot and compressed-sounding than the Custom series. Very fat sounding, perfect for that AC/DC sound.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Re: What about the PATB-3 Blues Saraceno Model trembucker?

coolness....thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X