SD minibucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD minibucker

How does this pickup handle gain? I've heard it has more high end than a regualr 'bucker, does it have a fair amount of warmth in the bridge position?

Re: SD minibucker

The minis are full-sounfing like big hummers but with more clarity and they're not as quick to become muddy. They're fairly sweet in tone; althought the LP Deluxe minis are a bit sweeter than the Firebird minis. The Firebird minis are a bit rawer-sounding.

BTW, the Duncan regular production minis are the Firebird models. The Antiquity II is modeled after the LP Deluxe (Epiphone) minihumbucker.
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I've never heard a SD mini but if it's as much of an improvement over stock then it has to be great! I played a deluxe reissue a few years back and it sounded alright with the minis but nowhere near as good as my dad's in his old LP. They handle gain very nicely and like Butch said they don't get muddy as easy. That's the vintage which butch said the Ant. II is modeled after.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I was thinking about getting the custom mini. I says it has a more "raw" sound. Seems to fit me. Any insight in to this pickup?

Comment

Working...
        X