Josh Farro's pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Farro's pickups?

Hey guys! Do you know what Josh Farro uses in his telecasters? I know they're Duncan's, but I'm unsure which models. He played in Paramore btw

Re: Josh Farro's pickups?

First time I've seen a request for that in this forum.

I'm pretty sure that for Riot! he just used the stock Fender Wide Ranges on his Telecaster. For All We Know It's Falling he was using the Honeyburst Les Paul Classic, which came with the 496R/500T combo. Not sure if they were stock though.

I didn't pay much attention to Brand New Eyes as far as gear goes, but I know that by then he started using his custom Tele. Not sure what pickups were in that though.

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure most of that tone is coming from the JCM2000. I think he also uses Mesa Dual Rectos, or at least the cabs are Mesa.

Comment

I love the tones Josh gets off "RIOT!" and "Brand New Eyes". Punchy and Huge. That's what I'm going after.

Comment

You've come to the right place brother.

alnico 2 bridge

phat cat neck

(custom tele deluxes)

stock tele deluxe: stock wide range reissues.

any other questions on Josh, feel free to swing by my user profile or send me a private message.

Comment

i doubt he used the dsl 2000 for the Brand New Eyes (studio).

videos show orange cabs.

Comment

Is his alnico 2 customized in anyway? The tone he gets seems like something much more in terms of the bridge pup.

Comment

Originally posted by Austy009 View Post
              Is his alnico 2 customized in anyway? The tone he gets seems like something much more in terms of the bridge pup.
              I know this is a dead thread, but I figured I'd reply since I never did and someone actually wrote to me on my band's facebook page about this thread.

No, his pickup isn't customized in any way.

His guitar is a tele deluxe (NOT THINLINE!) with a mahogany neck, that changes the tone but it certainly doesn't make the pickup any more "hot".

Comment

Working...
              X