banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EMG's in a Semi-Hollow Body Gibson/Epiphone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMG's in a Semi-Hollow Body Gibson/Epiphone?

Has anybody ever tried this? I've thought about the obvious possiblity of nasty feedback, does anybody know of a way to prevent this? I've been very curious about this ackward combination, I must say I want it if I could work with it. Not sure why, Haha. Anyways I used to post on here months ago under the username Mitch but I forgot my password for it and the password the email I used so that's useless. Any comments/ideas help, thanks buds!
    Gibson SG Special w/ Duncan Custom & '59
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom
    Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier 50w Head
    Marshall 1960VB (Celestion Vintage 30's)
    ----------------------------------------------
    GREENHAVEN
    tampa, fl
    punk/hardcore

Re: EMG's in a Semi-Hollow Body Gibson/Epiphone?

you would get TONS of feedback

chambered, so a noise gate is about your only option
    Originally posted by gibson175
    metal zones are for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by drew_half_empty
      you would get TONS of feedback

chambered, so a noise gate is about your only option

It would apprear that Drew is making a decision based on what he THINKS would happen...I love Static-X (a metal band if you do not know) the 2nd guitar player (Tripp) uses several BC Riches as well as an EMG loaded Epiphong DOT (ES-335), he plates through a Marshall DSL 100...with a ton of gain, and he not only gets a great sound he has NO problem with feedback...now Im not gonna say that there is not a chance of feedback, in fact you will have a greater chance because the body is at least partly open, a noise gate will help (in small doses), and even stuffing the body full of foam or even covering the F holes from inside can help...and it does NOT change the tone of the guitar. Good luck buddy, let us know what happens...

The guy who invented fire
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

If it's got a large center block, and like The Guy said stuff the inside with foam you should be cool. The object is to keep the vibration of the top of the guitar to a minimum. That is whre you get your hollow body feedback from.

Comment

Originally posted by big_black
          The object is to keep the vibration of the top of the guitar to a minimum. That is whre you get your hollow body feedback from.

incidentally, that's where a lot of the tone comes from as well.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
          X