Where to buy your duncans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy your duncans

I know musiciansfriend is ok but they don't have everything you want, they don't even have the SL :dammit:. I was looking at this place and was wondering if anyone did business with them.

I know I can always buy from Lew or BlackRose though based on what everyone else is saying.
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Re: Where to buy your duncans

I usually buy from Mikes Music Shop....last time I called him he had the best prices out of anybody although it pays to buy 4-5 pickups at a time cause he charges a flat rate for shipping.

Guitar Heaven is great too....those guys are damn quick at shipping although I think they cost a little more last time I checked.

Comment

Get em from Lew!!

I got my antiquities, and hotrail from Blackrose - it was fast shipping... But i didn't know that Lew existed back then !!
      my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
      A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

I bought a guitar from Guitar Heaven and had a great experience. It wasn't very personal, but very fast and easy.

Comment

I've had great experiences with John @ Black Rose, and I'm sure that Lew would treat you equally well.

Guitar Heaven was great to deal with the one time I bought assorted cables, etc. from them, but I think they're more expensive.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

These two guys are topnotch:
            John at: http://www.blackrosecustom.emerchantpro.com/
            Lew: www.Lewsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by ranalli
              I usually buy from Mikes Music Shop....last time I called him he had the best prices out of anybody although it pays to buy 4-5 pickups at a time cause he charges a flat rate for shipping.

Guitar Heaven is great too....those guys are damn quick at shipping although I think they cost a little more last time I checked.
              Mike is a great guy. I bought a couple pickups from him before. His shipping is $6 flat (if I remember correctly) and my pickups arrived via UPS Priority complete with a bunch of cool stickers, a keychain, etc... Cool guy.
              MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Comment

More props to John at Black Rose Custom, even though the Blues trembucker was out of stock I still got both humbuckers within a week, that's pretty damn good considering he's in Oregon and I'm in PA. His prices are also tough to beat.

Comment

Blackrose gets my vote! Fast and friendly service.
                  I only know 3 chords but I play 'em real good

Tokai 335 ~ Seth Lover
                  MIJ Fender Stratocaster ~ SSL-1 Californian Set
                  Gretsch Electromatic ~ GFS NYII & NYIII
                  MIM Fender Tele ~ Quarter Pounder and Hot Tele Tapped
                  Tokai MIJ SG - Gibson 57
                  Tokai MIJ LP - Pearly Gates
                  K.Yairi Gordon Giltrap Signature

Comment

yup yup ... lew and blackrose both treated me right
                    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

blackrose has treated me really well but if i can find it locally i usually get it at a local shop

Comment

This brings up an interesting thought. I wonder if we could get Lew or John to get into the guitar business? Hmmm . . . .

Comment

Actually, I am in the guitar business per se .... but I'm so damn busy selling you guys pickups I don't have time to build guitars anymore!!

Comment

I have bought tons of stuff from Guitar Heaven online. The reason is simple - they always have what I want. If I walk into Guitar Center or any local shop, they have 59s, JBs, etc., but not the unusual stuff. When I needed a Quarter Pound Staggered, a 5-2 Hot Bridge, or a SP90-3, nobody stocked them. Guitar Heaven sells all of it.

Here's another bonus for Atlanta, GA shoppers: Guitar Heaven's UPS pickup gets parcels to Atlanta overnight, since Atlanta is a UPS hub. Meaning, you get next day delivery without paying for overnight rates! And shipping is free if you buy $100 or more, and outside of TN you don't pay tax. What's not to love?
                            Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Working...
                            X