emg hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emg hardware

Do you have to use the emg volume pots and instrument jacks that come with the pickups??? or can you just wire the pickup to the existing hardware?
    Speak through your fingers

Re: emg hardware

yea, EMGs use special 25k pots and the jack is stereo to accomodate the power circuit im afraid...

EMG dealers can usually get hold of the replacement parts anyhoo

cheers, tom

Comment

I don't know but, what EMG's are they and how do they sound? I'm looking for a good pickup for the bridge and neck.
      :saeek: Today is yesterday's tomorrow. :saeek:

Comment

i had EMGS's in a schecter (which was an awful guitar to begin with) and i really didnt like them. i think EMG's can sound good but from what i know i have never heard them sound very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Imp
          yea, EMGs use special 25k pots and the jack is stereo to accomodate the power circuit im afraid...

EMG dealers can usually get hold of the replacement parts anyhoo

cheers, tom
          makes sense.... I'm buying a new one so all that crap will come with it. Since I must change the hardware will my two duncan classic stacks in the neck tie into this with no problems??? No drilling new holes or what not. I don't mind switching volume pots and instrument jacks but I don't want to put holes in my guitar. Its a jackson soloist SL1. I'm changing the JB to an EMG 85 and keeping the neck pups.

Comment

Some people will tell you they absolutely, positively, WILL NOT mix, but I assure you this is bullsh*t. I played a Strat with two stock singles & an EMG 81. I'm not sure how it was wired, however.
            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

are emgs and duncans even in phase with each other??? will a 5 way selector switch work right?

Comment

You can definitely mix them. Check out the EMG website for the proper schematics. You will, however, need to find room to put a 9V battery in your guitar. Also, though they do use 25K pots, you do not necesarily need to get them from EMG. Their pots are smaller than regular pots, which I don't necessarily like. I ordered full-sized replacements for mine from Stew-Mac.
                I love the EMG's for really defined sound with distortion, but I think that they're fairly useless for clean sounds (The 81 and 85, that is) Their David Gilmour pups are pretty cool for a strat...

Paul
                1992 Tom Anderson Drop Top w/ Joe Barden's
                Warmoth Tele Deluxe with SD Phat Cats
                Tone King Meteor 30

Comment

Working...
                X