Screws vs Slugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screws vs Slugs

I've been gutting stock pickups a lot lately, so I've lots of spare parts. Is it worth the time & trouble to replace the slugs with another row of screws? I'm considering this on a ceramic JB.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: Screws vs Slugs

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
    I've been gutting stock pickups a lot lately, so I've lots of spare parts. Is it worth the time & trouble to replace the slugs with another row of screws? I'm considering this on a ceramic JB.

I really wanna know what that does...there are several pups out there with 2 screw bobbins...I have heard thet the CS Allen Holdsworth is pretty much a double screw JB...but imn not sure. The Scremin Demon has a screw coil and the other coil has allen screws, some people on the board are removing the allen screws on favor of traditional screws, making that a double screw coil...let me know what you find out!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I'm gonna take the lack of posts as nobody has done this. I'll give it a shot, and let everybody know.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        I'm gonna take the lack of posts as nobody has done this. I'll give it a shot, and let everybody know.
        there are pups out there with 2 screw coils...most of the one I know about have either 2 rows of small allen screws or one row of allens and one row of screws...let me know what happens
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
        X