Confused about Vintage Rails wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Vintage Rails wiring.

Hi, I'm new here. Been reading these boards for a while now. This is my first actual post here.

Anyways. I've got a Vintage Rails pickup that I'm going to install into the middle position of my H-S-H Jackson PS-4 guitar. The shematic for a HSH on the SD homepage shows that with the single coil, in the middle, you should connect the white wire to the pickup switcher and ground the black wire to the volume pot.

The trouble is, my Vintage Rails pickup has a white and a red wire. No blackie. So I'm thinking perhaps the red wire is supposed to be the black wire??? I bought this pickup used off Ebay.

Can anyone please help me here on what the hell is going on?
    Last edited by Animal; 12-13-2004, 04:36 AM.

Re: Confused about Vintage Rails wiring.

Bump
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker
      Bump

Ah, another aussie, i see.

Comment

Yep. Was born in Victoria. Doncaster East was my suburb of residence, back in the day.

Welcome to the forum, btw!

Bee
        Originally posted by Kanye West
        Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

Cheers mate.

I live in Ivanhoe which is sort of close to Doncaster. People sure do like to "hang" at westfield shopping town up in Donnie.

Comment

hey man...I would say just try it and see what happens! I also want to say that I have the same picture of Buzz that you have as an avatar taped to the front of my amp! Im so glad to see at least one more Melvins man here!!!

Welcome

The guy who invented fire
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
              I also want to say that I have the same picture of Buzz that you have as an avatar taped to the front of my amp! Im so glad to see at least one more Melvins man here!!!
              I mostly know who Buzz Obsorne is through my interest in Fantomas and all projects related to Mike Patton. I saw him play with Fantomas/Melvins co-headlining with Tomahawk all on the same nite during early December last year. He puts on a great show. I'm still yet to fully get into The Melvins. They have so many damn albums, I don't know where to start!

Comment

Originally posted by Hames Jetfield
                I mostly know who Buzz Obsorne is through my interest in Fantomas and all projects related to Mike Patton. I saw him play with Fantomas/Melvins co-headlining with Tomahawk all on the same nite during early December last year. He puts on a great show. I'm still yet to fully get into The Melvins. They have so many damn albums, I don't know where to start!
                The melvins are hard to get into due to the large amount of materal and the fact that some of it is just noise...drop me a PM and I'll get you on the right track!!!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

welcome to the board ... i'll toss in a few words that i hope will help ...

.. first ... the easy way ... wire it up and see how it sounds .. if it's crap, reverse the two wires and see if it's better .. if it's not, you got jobbed on fleebay and it aint a genuine duncan VR

good luck
                  t4d
                  gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
                  X