Anyone with Five-Two experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with Five-Two experience?

Anyone have any info on the SSL52-1 Five-Two regular for neck and custom bridge?

Re: Anyone with Five-Two experience?

Bump
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

I use a set in my maple/swamp ash strat. I like them alot. You retain the Strat sound, and cuts some of the ice pick highs that Strats are known for. I use a steel plate under the bridge pickup for a poor mans twangbanger, plus I wire them up so they can be in series for a fatter sound.
      Over all a good pickup for the Strat
      Dom L
      1997 Roadhouse Strat
      2005 Eric Clapton Strat
      2007 Martin 000-28EC
      2007 Parts-o-Caster

Comment

Originally posted by Dom L
        I use a set in my maple/swamp ash strat. I like them alot. You retain the Strat sound, and cuts some of the ice pick highs that Strats are known for. I use a steel plate under the bridge pickup for a poor mans twangbanger, plus I wire them up so they can be in series for a fatter sound.
        Over all a good pickup for the Strat
        Dom L
        Thanks! How do they compare with the Antiquity II's, if you know?

Comment

theres a nice balance between tone if you fit both in the same guitar - i got a texas hot neck/ 52 mid / little 59 bridge.. the two singles complement each other beautifully, and the cleans, needless to say, are sparkling

as for the 5/2 by itself, in the middle it has very good note definition. i like it as a light OD rhythm sound.. its basically a high-quality, versatile middle strat pickup. does everything you'd usually try with a stock middle SC, it just sounds nicer

Comment

I have the original prototype set in an alder / maple '85 MIJ Strat. Very balanced. Kind of like regular Antiquitys on the high strings and Antiquity IIs on the low strings.
            Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
            Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

I have a full set in a '95 Fender Tex-Mex Strat and they're exactly as described by SD. They have the sweet, rounded tones like an APS-1 on the treble strings and an increased percussiveness on the bass strings. They're excellent pickups and one of the most underrated in the SD catalog, IMHO.
              John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

Working...
              X