Balance Of These Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balance Of These Pickups

I finished tonight my project of changing out my stock pickups for a set of SD Quarter Pound jazz pickups. I did notice one thing that I need help with. When trying them out I turned the bridge volume down and checked the neck. It was great. I then turned the neck down and turned up the bridge and noticed that the sound output was about half of what the output was on the neck pickup alone. Is there a reason for this?? Thanks

Re: Balance Of These Pickups

ttt

Comment

Bumpbumpbump
      Originally posted by Kanye West
      Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

bump

Comment

Are you certain you got them the right way round (i.e. you didn't put the neck in the bridge or something?)

Are the heights OK?
          "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

the heights seem good to me. About getting them backwards, well how would I be able to check that and see now? Please give me some help here. Thanks

Comment

There should be a label on the bottom of the pickup, something like SJB-3n & SJB-3b (n for neck and b for bridge)
              "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Check your solder joints. I think that's where your problem is.
                Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
                X