PRS Pickup Change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PRS Pickup Change

Ok so only Dimarzio pickups will fit in my Custom 24?

Comment

Originally posted by desertdude View Post
      Ok so only Dimarzio pickups will fit in my Custom 24?
      No. Duncan's will too, just with short legs without doing any modifications to the guitar.

Comment

great

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          Funny, I put the same DMZ set in my SE Singlecut Korina for a while but then I yanked the Norton out for an Air Classic bridge. I love the sound of the Air Classics in mine. Much better than the stockers.
          Im thinking the difference in specs might have an impact on that, although subtle. Still I seem to prefer harder sounding pups with that guitar, like the duncans.

Originally posted by Rory61
          Sensates, I haven't had time to record with it yet. With the stock PU, it was far brighter than my other guitars. I couldn't swap it onstage without amp eq changes. Now, with the CC, I can swap between the Custom, Tele, and Gibson without touching the amp. It's bright and powerful now, but in a very good way. I play Hard Rock though, and not Metal. I may put an A2 magnet in the original PU and try that out next string change. KG
          Thats true, with a brighter amp I find it too bright and have to roll off the tone knob a bit to compensate. Does the CC have a tight bottom? Palm mutes well?

Sorry TS if I was hijacking... I think if you like the Slash sound the original Alnico II Pros set will be very much similar, and save the hassle of a possible routing for the pups.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Do I? No, but I tried to put a set of '57 Classics in my SE Singlecut Korina and the legs hit the bottom of the pickup route so I couldn't adjust them right. I wasn't about to route out any wood from it either as it was still very new at the time.
            So If I want to put Slash zebra's in my PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar in Tobacco Sunburst Will I be able to just take it to my local guitar shop and have them put the pickups in without doing any stuff to the pickups or guitar like extra wood work?

Comment

Originally posted by FaasnudovahDuckah View Post
              So If I want to put Slash zebra's in my PRS SE Custom 24 Electric Guitar in Tobacco Sunburst Will I be able to just take it to my local guitar shop and have them put the pickups in without doing any stuff to the pickups or guitar like extra wood work?
              Depends on the depth of the pickup route in it. I know in the one I had they were too shallow. A competent tech should be able to do good work to allow them to fit. I emphasize competent. There seems to be more that are not out there these days.

However, you might be able to order them with short legs. Just call up the sales line and ask.

Comment

Working...
              X