banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best bridge 'lil Humbucker for Strat....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best bridge 'lil Humbucker for Strat....

Originally posted by RayBarbeeMusic View Post
    I've tried the little screamin' demon. It was....ok.

None of them have alnico magnets, all are ceramic.
    So? I can't tel the difference between a ceramic loaded pickup or alnico pickup. The end result is differet for all pickups because there is lots more that goes into a pickup design than just the magnet, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Irons View Post
      The "little" versions of the humbuckers don't sound exactly like the originals. What you get is a nice mix between the brightness of a single coil, with extra throaty growl from the humbucker.

No pickguard modifications are necessary; they slot right in.
      Sounds perfect. I'm contemplating whether to order a lil PG or try the more common lil screamin demon or lil 59 first.

Comment

I have a Little 59 in the bridge of a Tele, and one in the neck of a Strat (that Strat has the Lil Screamin Demon in the bridge). They are really great pickups. The Demon has a more "airy" tone to it than the 59, but the 59 has more "roar".

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Irons View Post
          I am amazed that the Lil Screamin' Demon hasn't got more votes. But then, from reading the posts, it seems that hardly anyone has actually tried it.

That's what I voted for, it's a fantastic little beast.
          I tried a bunch of different single sized humbuckers in my one strat and the Demon was far and away the best sounding pickup of the bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by RayBarbeeMusic View Post
            None of the above. To my ear, all the "little" duncan bridge buckers are missing a lot in the low mids to sound like a real full sized bucker. DiMarzio doesnt seem to have that issue, so:

For underwound PAF: Fast Track 1
            For PAF or slightly overwound PAF: Chopper
            Medium output bucker: Pro Track
            High output: Fast Track 2, or Billy Corgan model
            Good list. The DiMarzio Rails are quite nice. I would add an Air Norton S to the list for a medium-high output bridge pickup.

Comment

My Duncan Lil 59 sounds fan-frickn-tastic in my tele and my Dimarzio Chopper sounds amazing in my strat.

Comment

anyone out there got a vid of them rocking the lil 59 bridge or lil screamin demon Like the guy posted of the Jb jr??

Comment

I voted Cool Rails, but I really want to try the Lil 59; my experience is limited to the Hot and Cool Rails and the JB Jr.

The Cool Rails has clarity, punch, bite, and sounds good in the 2 and 4 positions with a Vintage Rails. My Cool Rails/Vintage Rails/Cool Rails set is probably my favourite Stratocaster arrangement.
                  Fender Guitars ~ Marshall Amps ~ Seymour Duncan Pickups

Match Made in Heaven

Comment

I like the JB JR and Little 59.

I used to a use a neck model JB JR with SSL-1 neck and middle pickups because I liked the more open and brighter tone of the neck JB Junior used as a bridge pickup.

But after trying the Little 59 I felt like that the Little 59 did much of what I liked about using the neck model JB Jr. as a bridge pickup.

Didn't love the Hot Rails for my bluesy and rootsy style of playing. I liked the full thick tone but wished for more treble. I can see how it would probably be great with lots of overdrive and for metal and harder rock styles though.
                    “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Hot Rails because it is just so bad ass in a tele!

Comment

If it's that good, I need to try a Little Screamin Demon.

Only thing keeping me from doing it is that after years of pickup changes, I'm finally happy with the Duncans I already have in my two Strats.

But I'd love to know what it sounds like!
                        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

I have a lil screamin demon in the middle position on my strat and love it so far. It gives me a suped up kinda thick but airy single coil sound when I use it for clean but with distortion its very clear an articulate even under higher gain. I make do a mod to split or coil tap it in the future but try it out I dont think you will be disappointed with it in the bridge. If I can ill make a vid an put it up here for you to have a listen. My second choice would be the lil 59 but i wud rather have that as a full size an not mini.
                          Originally posted by KBliss
                          WELCOME TO THE FORUM! Make sure you spend more time playing than you do on this forum. That's our sickness.
                          Originally posted by trevorus
                          The revolutionaries become the bureaucrats the day after the revolution is over...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar216 View Post
                            I have a lil screamin demon in the middle position on my strat and love it so far. It gives me a suped up kinda thick but airy single coil sound when I use it for clean but with distortion its very clear an articulate even under higher gain. I make do a mod to split or coil tap it in the future but try it out I dont think you will be disappointed with it in the bridge. If I can ill make a vid an put it up here for you to have a listen. My second choice would be the lil 59 but i wud rather have that as a full size an not mini.
                            What neck pup are you running and how does it blend with the middle lil screamin demon in position 2? I cna't give up a normal single in the neck, which is the strat single sound I depend on, but I rely less on the middle for a single sound but still mix them for the quackier stuff, which I'd prefer not to giove up. By going to a lil bucker would I lose a usebale mix and quack when clean? Even if I lose a little but still retain enough cleasn quack, I could live with it if it's still useable but I gain the ability to add another tonal option with higher gain.

With my parker, where I run an invader neck running an A2 mag in the middle, I've had success with great cleans and moderate sucess with higher gain, but I've never had luck with higher gain, wiht that pup or any other I tried (hot rails, full shred, etc). The invader neck only works imo because it includes a bass cut resistor (or maybe cap) that prevents too much bass from muddying it up, which imo is crticial to get a useable higher gain in the middle position. Of course, it could also be that guitar, which I'm finding is just inherently dark and thick.

Comment

Working...
                            X