• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pickups does M.Schenker use??

as a follow up to my other thread
    Ibanez Roadstar II
    EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
    VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Re: What Pickups does M.Schenker use??

As far as I know Michael Schenker uses a Duncan Custom.

Comment

No idea what he uses now...but in the past he's used stock gibbys, and schaller, and i think some Duncans too.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Here's a link to some info on Schenker's gear:

It mentions that he was using a Duncan Custom / '59 combo in his Gibson Vs.

Did I hear someone say he has sold those guitars on Ebay?

Back in the 70s I would guess he was using stock Gibson buckers, probably very much like '59s.

Comment

really, he used the duncan custom? but that has a ceramic magnet in it.

not that that is all bad but i thought that ceramic magnets are the most 'harsh' sounding. i had an Invader pickup and that is the complaint i had, too compressed and too harsh.

weird i would think that he used a more vintage sounding pickup.He has such a good tone. actually on some recordings it is some of the best notes i have heard.

Ever hear the 'Lights Out' track from the 'Walk on Water' Album?!1 that has amazing tone on it!
          Ibanez Roadstar II
          EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
          VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

As ceramics go the Duncan Custom isn't a harsh pickup. Harsher than an alnico 2 pickup certainly, but in my experience less harsh than the alnico 5 Gibson 498T for example. I have Walk On Water and I can easily imagine those tones coming from a Custom. The 70s stuff is most likely PAF-style pickups, but like most great players a lot of Schenker's tone is in his fingers - give him a humbucker and a good tube amp and he'll sound like Schenker!

Comment

Working...
            X