Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dimebucker owners - questions for you

Originally posted by Zerberus
    IIRC, because Dime preferred the tone. There were experiments started with little brass inserts, but they changed the tone.

I found this hard to believe, until I had to repair one. I just snipped the ears off a normal hummie and glued them to the bottom. And it really DID change the tone, became a bit less defined and more "squishy"
    Yeah. All Bill Lawrence (billlawrence.com) pickups are made with plastic bases, and Dimabag used these prior to the Duncan model.

Zerberus, can you explain what you did in more detail? What did you glue to the bottom of your pickup, where on the pickup?

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey
      Yeah. All Bill Lawrence (billlawrence.com) pickups are made with plastic bases, and Dimabag used these prior to the Duncan model.

Zerberus, can you explain what you did in more detail? What did you glue to the bottom of your pickup, where on the pickup?

Joe
      read this,
      What pickups does Dimebag Darrell of Pantera use?
      Dime was on a tone quest for a long time before he and Washburn Guitars came to us. He had tried numerous custom wound pickups, but none were giving him the tone he was looking for. At the time Dime and Washburn came to us, Dime was using a custom wound pickup that he called an XXL-500. It was not available to the public. And it was still not giving Dime his tone. That's when Dime and Washburn turned to us. We started with Dime's best-sounding XXL-500 and then made numerous tweaks. We changed the magnet type, the wire gauge, the number of turns, and other factors. Dime tested the pickups on tour, so they got real world "arena" testing. After a few back-and-forth exchanges, we finally nailed his tone. And that's the SH-13 Dimebucker. It's the pickup that Dime uses and -- for the first time -- the pickup Dime uses is available to the public. It works great in Dime's solid state amps as well as tube amps. For more information about Dime and the Dimebucker, read his interview http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...ive.shtml#dime Dime does a great job describing the distortion quality of the pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey

Joe
        I did exactly what I said. I clipped the mounting tabs off a "normal" pup, (a Gibson IIRC), and epoxied these into place under the original mounting tabs so as to be able to make height adjustments again.

I wasn´t going for a tonal change at all, but merely wanted to keep the pup from falling into the rout
        Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Zerb, you clipped the entire legs off, or just the tab with the hole? If you clipped it off, and then re-attached it via epoxy, what net gain or difference is there at all? ::scratching head::

Comment

Working...
          X