Need Help reinstalling Fender Blacktop Neck PU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help reinstalling Fender Blacktop Neck PU

Hey Pick-up Bro's, I need some of your expert knowledge in reference to this stock Blacktop N, PU which I'm wanting to install in my Fender Modern Player Tele (Which comes with a mini toggle to split the hummer). I'm not up on Fender's color coding system, so I don't know which wires go were. Please help me with this, it's driving me crazy.
    "The grass maybe greener on the other side, but you still have to mow the M@$ha F#*ka..."

"HOUSE OUT!"

Re: Need Help reinstalling Fender Blacktop Neck PU

Originally posted by house View Post
    Hey Pick-up Bro's, I need some of your expert knowledge in reference to this stock Blacktop N, PU which I'm wanting to install in my Fender Modern Player Tele (Which comes with a mini toggle to split the hummer). I'm not up on Fender's color coding system, so I don't know which wires go were. Please help me with this, it's driving me crazy.
    Pickup color codes.

Coil split.

For neck you'd wire it up like the bottom diagram and where it says "green and black" wire up "green and red" on yours.
    Where it says "red" wire it up "black".
    White and bare still go to ground.
    Last edited by MojoMonster; 03-20-2012, 02:31 PM.
    MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
    Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

mojo has you covered

Comment

Originally posted by MojoMonster View Post
        Pickup color codes.

Coil split.

For neck you'd wire it up like the bottom diagram and where it says "green and black" wire up "green and red" on yours.
        Where it says "red" wire it up "black".
        White and bare still go to ground.
        It worked like a charm Bro! Thanks, big time, for the help!!!
        "The grass maybe greener on the other side, but you still have to mow the M@$ha F#*ka..."

"HOUSE OUT!"

Comment

Originally posted by house View Post
          It worked like a charm Bro! Thanks, big time, for the help!!!
          Awesome!
          Any time.
          MM

2000 ES335LE Teal Blue, 2009 Gibson LP Trad Pro HCS, 2007 Edwards LP-130LTS/RE Lemon Drop, 2010 Gibson '50's Tribute Studio Goldtop.
          Carvin V3, Bogner Alchemist, Egnater Rebel 30, Peavey Classic 30, Dave Hunter Two-Stroke, Digitech GNX3, Carvin T100

Comment

Working...
          X