banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any of you fellas compare a Brobucker to a Hybrid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you fellas compare a Brobucker to a Hybrid?

It's been SO long since I've played a Hybrid.

Has anyone here compared one to the Brobucker? Which has more push? More sparkle? More output?

Re: Any of you fellas compare a Brobucker to a Hybrid?

To my ears they both sound dark or for a better term they both sound warm. If saving a few bucks was an issue I'd go the the hybrid. They do sound similar to me.
    Last edited by 51501984; 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM.
    When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

warm? the 59/custom warm? I wouldn't say that at all, actually. powerful with lots of presence, imho

anyway. I have heard a broB. before, and it was a bit too goowy for my taste. the hybrid is tighter

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
        warm? the 59/custom warm? I wouldn't say that at all, actually. powerful with lots of presence, imho

anyway. I have heard a broB. before, and it was a bit too goowy for my taste. the hybrid is tighter
        Well it's possible after 32 years of blasting loud music that my ears are shot.
        When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
          Well it's possible after 32 years of blasting loud music that my ears are shot.
          that could be and if so, that would suck majorly...

Comment

Yo Nick!

Comment

I mainly have A2 in my Hybrids... the Brobucker has a similar tonal balance with it's aged A5, but it doesn't have the clarity...
              Sounds great in certain guitars... definitely in my top 10 humbuckers!
              GMP Guitars RULE!

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
                Unbalanced coils from two bright PU's, with an A5...where does the 'warm' come from?
                "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Wish they'd make the Brobucker a regular production pickup, seems like it hits a niche no one is hitting at the moment, but not as many as going to pony up for the double price.

Comment

My SDunc hybrid isnt warm- tone-y maybe, but very bright & sparkly & rich. Very top shelf high quality & dimensional on a my cheapo dead buzzy stringed beater.
                    Warmer but BEEFIER with Alnico 8.
                    Ive never tried Brobucker.

When the question comes up: "i play rock, rocknroll, blues rock, some blues, classic rock... Every now & then I play a bit of old sk00l metal- Scorps-Halen: what pickup do I want?",... I think Im gonna answer hybrid.
                    ••••••••••••••••••••••
                    4 hb (80's rawk) comparison (PG8-DSD-Ant-JB)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CCULONDTzI
                    VAN HALEN gtr tone: 10 Cheats
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaTtAFnpWE
                    Dunc Dist Demo
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWbO7NvEpk0

Comment

Originally posted by BachToRock View Post
                      I mainly have A2 in my Hybrids... the Brobucker has a similar tonal balance with it's aged A5, but it doesn't have the clarity...
                      Sounds great in certain guitars... definitely in my top 10 humbuckers!
                      I too prefer the A2 in the hybrid. I like the fact that it stays true CC on one coil and the other becomes a warmer 59b
                      the bros is creamier than the hybrid do to its balanced coils.

Comment

the bro has unbalanced coils. same wire, just one coil has more of it

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          the bro has unbalanced coils. same wire, just one coil has more of it
                          really? i thought it was symetrical? cool i dont know this

Comment

Differing reports on that, I think Evan said it's symmetrical, along with all Duncans, but I'm positive mine is not.

Comment

Originally posted by King IzzO))) View Post
                              Differing reports on that, I think Evan said it's symmetrical, along with all Duncans, but I'm positive mine is not.
                              mine was even coils maybe thats why i did not think it was that great and sold it?

Comment

Working...
                              X