more es333 pup questions - PGb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more es333 pup questions - PGb

It seems that a set of 59s is what most people recommend or use in their 333/335s. I'm curious as to how a pearly gates would sound in the bridge of my 333. I've settled on the 59 for the neck but think that I'd prefer some a2s in the bridge. I've got the a2pro in the bridge of my tele and don't find 'em soft at all on the bass strings. Actually I find them very bright!
    thanks...mark

Re: more es333 pup questions - PGb

i think a pgb is a fine choice for the bridge of a 333, good snarl and a great clean sound

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, will the pg do a good kerrang? You know that metallic tone when playing open position chords? Think "The Clash Should I stay or should I go?" or "Free's Allright Now" I'm sure the 59s will do this but how about the PGS?
      thanks...mark

Comment

All the questions you are asking are things I have thought about myself. I put the Seth Lovers in my ES 333 right when I got it and love them but I have a Pealy Gates set and a 59 bridge that I am not using right now so maybe I should do a little test to see the differences. I'm more than happy with the Seths, but in the name of Science it may be a good idea.

I learned a long time ago not to get rid of any of my Duncan pickups. Even if I am not using them right now, eventually I'm gonna get some GAS and buy a guitar that I can use them in. It's already been proven many times.
        Peavey Classic 30 with Celestion G12H30
        Keeley Modded Boss BD-2 / SD Pickup Booster
        1993 Gibson Les Paul Studio- Custom (b) 59 (A4) (n)
        2001 58 Gibson Les Paul Reissue- 50th Anniv Seth Lover Set
        2002 Gibson Gary Moore Signature Les Paul- Stock
        2004 Gibson Les Paul Standard- Antiquity Set
        2001 Gibson ES335- 57 Classics
        2004 Gibson Les Paul Jr.- Antiquity Dog Ear
        Highway-1 (parts-o-caster)- Antiquity Texas Hot set
        Highway-1 (parts-o-Tele)- Antiquity Set

Comment

Working...
        X