Which Bridge Pickup to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Bridge Pickup to buy?

I have a Samick Greg Bennett Avion AV3 (Les Paul body, same make except tonally sucky pickups)... I've been playing this guitar for the past 10 months and am thinking of upgrading its pickups.. I am mostly into hard rock, blues rock and shred metal...

For the neck puickup, I'm going with Alnico II pro.. My problem is the bridge pickup... Here are the specs I desire on it:

- First and foremost, it should be very articulate and clear sounding. I don't want notes to superpose and the buzz of open strings and eliminate hums and noise as much as possible

- Secondly, it should be GOOD FOR RIFFING and adapt well to distortion. I want harmonics to sound clearly.

- Thidly, tonally it SHOULD sound fat and warm. I know most bridge pickups are made to deliver sharp, knife edged and thin tone but that's not what I'm after...

Well these are all... Out here in my country, we have very few options on pickups and very common ones are put up for sale... There are few opportunities available to actually test these pickups and we mostly have to order them online... So I'm relying on you guys to give me good options...

Thanks in advance

PS: The reason I don't want APH2 as my bridge pup is because I've heard it can be noisy at high gain and aren't that articulate.

Re: Which Bridge Pickup to buy?

APH2 is IMO Articulate . I don' t know who told you it aint. If that was my guitar I would go for any of these combos 59 set, Pearly gates set, Custom 59 set. Pearly gates would be my first choice. What amp do you use.
    sigpic
    Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
    JFG Flying V,
    "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
    John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

I use a solid state now but planning to buy a Laney Cub12 soon...

I have settled for the 59(n)/Distortion(b) combo, but as you can see in my other post, I am having a tough time getting my hands on them..

Comment

I fully understand how difficult it is to get them. I bought the Jazz(n) almost 3 years later as I did not want to order from Outside India and face the stupid Custom duties. I bought the Jazz(n) from Furtados from their shop in Mumbai. I never been up to Kolkotta so don't know the Music Shops there, but I suggest waiting and then ordering from Bajaoo. Did you see if furtadosonline have them?
        sigpic
        Ibanez SA 120- Bridge JB Trembucker Neck Jazz
        JFG Flying V,
        "If you hear something you're unable to play, then you have room to grow."-Al Di Meola
        John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Comment

Originally posted by Jocelyn View Post
          I fully understand how difficult it is to get them. I bought the Jazz(n) almost 3 years later as I did not want to order from Outside India and face the stupid Custom duties. I bought the Jazz(n) from Furtados from their shop in Mumbai. I never been up to Kolkotta so don't know the Music Shops there, but I suggest waiting and then ordering from Bajaoo. Did you see if furtadosonline have them?
          I actually started off by ordering from furtadosonline after I couldn't find them in my city.... After 7 days of waiting, they told me they were out of stock and refunded my money... After that, I checked with bajaao before placing an order and they told me the pickups weren't available so I backed out.. I tried another third party vendor called Play Floyd, ordered from them, but once again, same story... *sigh*

Comment

Custom Custom SH-11.

Comment

Working...
            X