Pickup Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup Suggestions

I don't know a lot about the different types of pickups available, so I need some suggestions. First off, I have a Ibanez RG320 guitar, basswood body. Secondly, I'm looking for a Metallica or Zakk Wylde type sound. Even though they both use emgs, I don't want active pickups. So any substitutes would be nice. Also, a few people have suggested a SH-2 Jazz for the neck and SH-4 JB for the bridge. Are they a good choice for that type of sound?

Re: Pickup Suggestions

Duncan Invader.
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Invaders are good, i had a set of invader neck and bridge and Metallica sounded great on it.
      the Jazz/JB would work for that sound, but if you're getting 2 humbuckers and you want a Zakk Wylde sound, I would suggest Jazz neck and Distortion Bridge.
      The Duncan Distortion will get you all the rock sounds you want.
      Rock On
      ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
      2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
      Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

what amp and what size of speakers and how many speakers will this be running thru? You will not get that tone from just your guitar and a pickup. But with the right amp and speaker cab and pickup combo you can get realy close.

Comment

Invader bridge, Jazz neck, or '59 neck for a little less pristine tone.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
          X